587,203 active members*
3,274 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > X2 Windows7 GeForce 9600 problem

X2 Windows7 GeForce 9600 problem

Just upgraded to Win7 64bit and did clean installs on everything, now I've come across an issue with my mastercam
    When viewing a Verify simulation, the video goes weird and most of the part will disappear only showing up when the cutter comes near that area.
    The actual cut and surrounding bits are fine but areas maybe an inch in front of the cutter will show up and stuff an inch or so behind the cutter will disappear.
    This never happened before on the same machine with WinXP.
    MC X2 MR1
    Windows 7 pro 64bit, 4G Ram, GeForce 9600 gt
    All updated with latest drivers (from Nvidia not microsoft)
    Turned all video settings to max quality
    Tried running the app in xp mode, seems to be a video issue not a program issue so the xp mode wouldn't do anything anyway.
    Any ideas tips or tricks?
    Thanks
    Mooser

Try this...

Settings - Config - Screen - Graphics support....
    check Disable Hardward acceleration.

BTW: Thanks for give a complete description of your system, version# and graphics card. That really help us, help you

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

To follow on from Mike's comment
    This is a picture of the setting area ( Graphic Support )

OpenGL ( ON )
    Disable Hardware Acceleration ( ON ) <---- this one seems to control most screen issues
    Disable Front Buffet ( OFF ) <---- this on is still getting problems

These are my settings, but your's should be similar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Magical Snap - 2010.03.24 14.59 - 063.png  

I don't use Mastercam, but you might want to try some of the driver's here. They're usually newer than the ones from NVidia. I've got a 9800GT and need to try 3 or 4 different drivers to get one that worked good with all my apps.

download from Guru3D.com
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Perfect, that's exactly what it needed.
    (I was actually looking for that and didn't see it)
    Many thanks
    Mooser

Hi all,

I was searching the cnczone archives for problems with X2 and Geforce graphics card and stumbled on this thread.

I'm experiencing almost the same problems, but when I'm disabling the hardware acceleration as suggested, everything becomes really slow, things are better on the graphics side, but everything becomes SLOW. Even panning is not usable.

I've attached a screen shot when my settings are openGL (on) and graphics acceleration (on). As seen in the screen shot everything becomes fuzzy when I'm moving around with my mouse cursor.

My system specs are Win7-64bit, Geforce 8800GS, Pentium Core2Duo E6750 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM. MasterCAM X2 SP1 (11.0.4.0)

greetz,
    Loek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by LVX View Post
    Hi all,

I was searching the cnczone archives for problems with X2 and Geforce graphics card and stumbled on this thread.

I'm experiencing almost the same problems, but when I'm disabling the hardware acceleration as suggested, everything becomes really slow, things are better on the graphics side, but everything becomes SLOW. Even panning is not usable.

I've attached a screen shot when my settings are openGL (on) and graphics acceleration (on). As seen in the screen shot everything becomes fuzzy when I'm moving around with my mouse cursor.

My system specs are Win7-64bit, Geforce 8800GS, Pentium Core2Duo E6750 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM. MasterCAM X2 SP1 (11.0.4.0)

greetz,
    Loek
    Have you tried going to the Solidworks website and try some of the drivers there. Even Mastercam will suggest this. Guess they don't test drivers themselves.

John