587,467 active members*
4,822 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > VMC3016 with cnc88hs controller

VMC3016 with cnc88hs controller

Hello ! I am new to this forum and it is my first post !! SO hello everybody. !

SO here is my problem. We have just installed an old vmc3016 and we are trying to get it running.
    Now to setup tools and part origine is not as easy as I thaught ?

I have followed everystep and I am still having problem to figure out if it is my tool that is not setup properly or the part origine or even worst maybe both ?
    Usually we are using the same part origine with all the parts since we have a mounting plate that we fixe our blocks on it. SO usually the Z zero is under the parts.

Our CAM software is GIbbs and I have prepared a very small program. Only a small circle in a 2x2 block. So when I look on the cnc88 screen the toolpath from top I can see that my program seems to work. But when I start the CNC it goes down near the block in z at the right height but then it want to go again -13.something in z again ... ?

Don't know where to start ? Can someone help me figure out what to do ?
    thanks

Can you post screen dumps of the controller and the settings in Gibbs, the program code, pictures of your setup, How you set your tools lengths, your fixture offsets, etc? Need more info.

Search through some of the older threads (look for things like "Fixture offsets" or "Tool Height Setting".) Here is one that I think might have the kind of useful info you need:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fadal/...questions.html