587,458 active members*
3,859 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > OneCNC Upgrade

OneCNC Upgrade

I have been using OneCNC XP Mill Professional and am very happy with it. Does anybody know what it would cost to upgrade to OneCNC XR Mill Expert? Is it worth it?
    Thanks!!

Device

Device,

Actually you would be upgrading to XR Mill expert..as XP series is a past version...

As for cost..you should call OneCNC and see..I don't know what it is as you are upgrading both a Version and from Professional to Expert..

As for is it worth it..well upgrading from XP Pro to XR Pro is well worth the cost..as there are a tons of new features in the XR series compared to the XP series. Then to upgrade from Pro to Expert would bring more tools and features.

The main differences between Pro and Expert (in both versions) are the Mold tools..Automatic Hole Blocking, Custom Tool pathing, Mold Splitting Tools and such..plus several more tool path options, Spiral, Plunge Rough, Radial, Steep Wall, Plateau Machining, along with the before mentioned Custom Tool.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I have used XP Mill before and I must say, XR is a huge leap foward. Like WMS said, they added a lot of new features like Rest Robot, Hole Wizard, Auto Chain Correction, and a ton more little things which make life so much easier.
    Proud owner of a Series II Bridgeport.