587,302 active members*
3,114 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Geopath?

Geopath?

Does anyone use "Geopath" by Solution Ware?

I used it 6 or so years ago. Did some custom posts for a 4 axis HMC, made some cool parts with it.

Is it still supported?

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Matt,

Geopath is still in business. I was just wondering what other people thought of it before I start looking for other software. Geopath seems to take a less graphic approach than other products and verification is a seperate module. I personally think if you pay $5,000.00 for software it ought to at least have built in verification.

It is one of those love/ hate things with Geopath. It is easy to draw some things while the cad side seems to lack overall.

By the way, that was $5000.00 just for the lathe module with no "CRASH" control.

I can't compare fairly since I haven't used it in so long, but I would say you could do better for you money with something like Mastercam or OneCNC. I didn't have much problem with the archiac version I used, all things considered. But you're right, for that money, you should be getting a lot more.

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Geopath

Hi guys
    Well let me see, we use Geopath in our shop and have been using it for a while. We just got the latest version 4.1 and it is definitely much better than the older ones. They have rendering included and they have made lots of changes to it.
    We use it for our 2.5 axis mill and our 3D work. It is true that verification is not included in the package but we did get it added for a good price and I believe if you are interested in getting that, I am sure they can work out a deal.
    We also have Surfcam here and when we bought it, it did not come with the verification. When we also checked out Matercam, there was an additional cost for the verification.
    Basically companies price their packages differently but you will end up paying for additional items
    Hope this helps

Looks like I'm digging up an old thread here. I'm using Geopath for lathe and have not had any formal training. I'ts no intuitive at all and I'm wasting time just trying to get things to work by trial and error. Currently having trouble getting a bar feed operation to post out. I'm not impressed with it at all. Now the Mazacam seems to work great! Why is Geopath so cumbersome and so freaking 1980's?

Paul

I have used Geopath since 2001. I wished i would have bought something else. I like some features, but for the most part it is so far out of date. I called to find out if Geopath could program a Y axis lathe. The response was not all that reassuring. Where is the development of the product? What is the maintenance contract for? Imagine if Gibbs or Edgecam just sat there with no upgrades to speak of? I could go on all day. I may be able to help you if you need it.

hello everybody...
    I'm looking for is Geopath training tutorials...

anyone???