587,188 active members*
4,331 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

My JOES build thread......

It's been slow, but I thought it may be time to start my own build thread.
    Decided on the JOES 2006 due mainly to the DIY MDF aspect and the great reports/threads from JOE & others on this forum.

The imperial/metric thing was troubling me at the beginning but once I downloaded the plans and played around in sketchup, I realised it's not such a issue as long as you keep an eye on what measurement changes effect what, an adjust accordingly.

I have no access to any cnc machinery and keeping multiple parts accurate has meant making/utilising jigs and taking my time. Not to mention that I have a 5 and 2 year old apprentices that don't deserve to be ignored!!!

I'm lucky to have an array of power tools including Slide compound saw, circ saws, bench mounted saw, bench & hand held routers, power/cordless and bench drills, and (most importantly) an old barrell vac called "Sadie" to clean-up all the mess along the way!!!

Enough of the talk, here's some pictures so far......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Y axis Gantry vertical rib 1 (Small).JPG   Y Axis Gantry Torsion Box Horizontal Rib 2 (Small).JPG   Y Axis Gantry Torsion Box pieces (Small).JPG   Y Axis Gantry Torsion Box 2 (Small).JPG  

Y Axis Gantry Torsion Box 3 (Small).JPG   Y axis Gantry vertical rib 3 (Small).JPG