587,624 active members*
3,306 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chuck unclamp stops the program

Hey guys!

We've got a Spinner TC 42-MC lathe with Fanuc 21i-TB control and an LNS Eco Load barfeeder at work. The company bought it from an intermediary company which bought the machine from Germany so there are programs in the Manual Guide which programmed and used by the Germans. So here's the problem. When the program reach the code M69 (unclamping the chuck) it execute the command, so the clamp is opening, but the program doesn't proceed. It stays on M69 then a couple seconds later the alarms "1041 Timeout - Waiting for FB is crossed" and "2083 Clamping position of mainspindle on frontside not reached" appear and the program just stop. I've tried to stop the spindle with M5 before it, tried to call it as a subprogram, or put M68 (clamping) before the M69 or run it in MDI mode or anything, it just doesn't work. We found a subprogram which can do the barfeeding process and tried to run that in AUTO mode, but it still doesn't work and can't imagine why when the Germans probably used it well (I've found a lot of programs which contain this subprogram). This is the subprogram:

O7999
    T1213
    G0X150Z50 M5 M27
    Z10
    X0
    G1G98Z0.5F2000
    M69 (this is where unclamping and the barfeeder start to push the bar, but then it stops)
    G4X4
    G1G98Z0.7F1000
    G4X4
    M99
    %

Anyone have any idea what am I doing wrong? Door is closed naturally, tried with M31 (bypass), so I don't know why it doesn't work when probably it worked in Germany.

Thank you for the help!

Re: Chuck unclamp stops the program

Problem solved. The clamping parameters with open chuck were wrong so it didn't give a feedback about the open position.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCity View Post
    Problem solved. The clamping parameters with open chuck were wrong so it didn't give a feedback about the open position.
    Hello, i have same issue, machine wont start affer unclamp, how and where you adjust parameters?

Thanks and Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Mahinalno89 View Post
    Hello, i have same issue, machine wont start affer unclamp, how and where you adjust parameters?

Thanks and Best regards
    Open the "Custom" menu and you should see the option "Clamping parameters" on the softkey. Choose it and use JOG mode to edit the parameters.

Hello. We have exactly the same machine Spinner TC 42-MC lathe with Fanuc 21i-TB control.
    The message pops up in a generally random way, even during machine downtime.
    1041 Timeout - Waiting for FB is crossed" and
    What kind of sensors and modules should I look at? The master said that there are 30 conditions in the Ladder under which this error occurs.

Hello. We have exactly the same machine Spinner TC 42-MC lathe with Fanuc 21i-TB control.
    The message pops up in a generally random way, even during machine downtime.
    1041 Timeout - Waiting for FB is crossed" and
    What kind of sensors and modules should I look at? The master said that there are 30 conditions in the Ladder under which this error occurs.