587,226 active members*
3,066 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Looking for Gibbs post...

Hey all,

I've got an old beast here we're trying to get running, a 1985 Hitachi Seiki HC 500, and its just so much fun...

After months of work, we're now gettin ready to start running this thing, but I can't seem to find a 4 axis post of any kind.

Anyone have something that might work? Its a Fanuc 6 system, which I have a post for, but not for the 4th axis.

Help, please?

Hitachi Seiki HC 500

hi there

we also have a Hitachi Seiki HC 500 machine. i think it is around 1989 model
    we use gibbs to do the programming, what cam system are you using?
    are you doing 4 axis simultaneous machining or just using using the the table for positioning? let me know...

chris

Hi Chris,

Great to hear from you, I was starting to think that no one used these machines anymore.

The 4th axis on ours is 1 degree indexable, so it would just be for positioning, not simultaneous machining.

And luckily, I use Gibbs as well, so anything you have would be appreciated but probably not help at the moment. We started doing some preliminary tests on the machine and, while running a program with helical interpolation for the first time, we got some alarms that we now can't get rid of.

I'll write more tomorrow when I'm back at work, maybe you guys will have some advice, but I remember it had something to do with the shear pins on one or two of the axis.

Now, the machine works in manual handle mode, just not automatic...

Any ideas?