587,395 active members*
3,851 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Red Dimensions Why?

Question Red Dimensions Why?

I'm having a problem with my Dimensions they almost always turn red after a few minutes.
    Anyone care to explain?
    Thank you!
    All comments made are my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Rally View Post
    I'm having a problem with my Dimensions they almost always turn red after a few minutes.
    Anyone care to explain?
    Thank you!
    Dimensions are associated to the entities they are pulled from. Breaking, translating and trimming can all cause them to go dirty (red). Are you manipulating the wire frame in any way after creating the dimension?
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

That's just the thing even the new entities go to red after a while. I do little 3D and most of the Drafting is 2D. I'm confused as to why it would do that. Can the Associations be turned off? Would this be an Option?

I have tried to uncheck the Associate dimensions in the Associativity Settings but still ends up going red. I did restart the whole PC after changes were made.

Best Regards,

Anyone care to explain?
    Thank you!
    maybe if you delete a part of the drawing sometimes it turns the dimention into a read color
    try that

That's just the thing even the new entities go to red after a while. I do little 3D and most of the Drafting is 2D. I'm confused as to why it would do that. Can the Associations be turned off? Would this be an Option?

I have tried to uncheck the Associate dimensions in the Associativity Settings but still ends up going red. I did restart the whole PC after changes were made.

Best Regards,
    Can you upload a sample file? Which version of MC are you using?
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Sorry, e-mail notification is not working. We have MC X4 MU3 to be honest I don't really like X4 neither does the boss talk is about switching to SW 2010. I just don't know about the steep learning curve.
    But anyway , to get back to the subject. It really is more of a nuisance than a problem When at work and the boss wants to print out something I just switch the dirty color to blue. It's just the way my boss likes his prints??? All geometry black and the dimensions blue LOL.
    I also restart the PC every time I change settings! just in case. I think I will contact MC in the morning if I get a chance. I was just hoping to resolve it without the boss knowing!
    Thanks for trying!!!!!!!!!!

Do you use the "Entity Attrubute Manager" ?

This is found in the System config under CAD Settings
    if "active" is checked, then it is being used.
    "Settings" takes you into the area to force entities to be drawn with certain attrubutes

for your dims, set color to 9 (blue) and set a level that you want it always drawn on ( mine is: level unchecked, color 14(yellow) , so I can put it on any level and it always will be yellow )

Another one I have is points: level OFF, color 12(red), style 3D