587,395 active members*
3,593 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Warner Electric SM-072-0060-RA = What?

Warner Electric SM-072-0060-RA = What?

I am in the process of upgrading an Emco F1 CNC and I am trying to determine what size/power of stepper motor to replace the originals with.

The originals are Warner Electric SM-072-0060-RA, with a label voltage of 9VDC and a current of 2 amps. These are 6 wire motors and the label includes a step info of RES/(theta): 4.6

I have not yet pulled the motor to measure the resistance, or to check the gear ratio (belt drive to ball screws), or the pitch of the screws yet.

This particular motor has been listed in the teachings on a couple of patents, but other than that I have not been able to determine the specs of the device.

I do know the Emco manual lists the slide as having 1300N of force, so I can get close once I establish the gain of the screw and gearing.

Does anyone recognize this motor, and have suggestions regarding replacements?

Thank you for any consideration.

Sm-072-0060-ra

Dear knigit:
    I got the same mill EMCO as you have, but in my case, I have one of these motors (SM-072-0060-RA) malfunctioning, thus stopping my CNC machine from function.
    I can only guess that you are much more experienced than me in the operation of CNC.
    Because I can not found a motor like this where I live, I started to seek for a total control replacement
    While trying to figure out what is going on today, everything become very fuzzy and totally unclear to me.
    What is best, steppers, servos, home made, parallelport, USB and much more questions I have not the answers to them.

Joining your letter, I am also looking to purchase an independent motion control, motors and all the accessories required to upgrade my EMCO.
    Due to my poor understand in these topics and the big chance that we are going to deal with the same problem, I am asking you to guide me with what to buy and from who and at what price.
    In the meanwhile...and only if you do not use it.
    I'd like to purchase from you the motors you have if they are still good and running.
    Please reply to [email protected]

Hugh thanks
    Dany Lipsker

Emco F1 motors

My F1 has the Superior Electric Slo-Syn DM-072-0060-DS steppers.

I can find no referecnes to the -DS version on the web but I can find the -DM ver. The only spec reference I can find is a Spanish lang site that describes them as being 60oz/in notors.

The botom line is, if that is true is that almost any motor you use to replace them will be a stronger motor.