587,104 active members*
4,334 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need aluminum parts milled. will trade for beer :)

Hey guys,

I've got some parts here that i need to get milled for a project i'm working on, and i thought i'd see if maybe any of you guys were interested in helping out - i'd rather give you guys the work (and the beer! :cheers: ) than a commercial place

Only 5 parts, all aluminium - 4 ribs that are about 65mm * 150mm * 3mm, and a base plate that is 180mm * 180mm * 6mm. smallest feature would require a 3mm endmill. I can supply CAD files in whatever format required.

I would pay you for materials, plus your time, plus postage to get the parts to me, with whatever form of payment you deem necessary (i'm in Brisbane btw)

If you might be interested, or know someone else who might be, shoot me an email: bellcham at iinet dot net dot au, or PM me here on the forum, or just reply to this thread!

Cheers guys,

Adam

I might be interested in doing the parts. Is that beer redeemable in US dollars, seeing as I'm underage

[email protected]

Send me the IGES files and I'll see what I can do.
    Proud owner of a Series II Bridgeport.

Only too young to buy it, not to consume it!

What bad influences we have on this board

But really, did you email the file?
    Proud owner of a Series II Bridgeport.

not yet. will send it now... you sure you want to ship some bits of ally internationally?

Andrew,If you guys get together Adam has a point, example, a 5 pound package (2.27kg) would cost 32.50 to ship via USPS which has the best rates but is slower then UPS or others (there are reasons for this), also Adam will be subject to duty fees unless it is shipped with "No Commercial Value". Out side of the expense it is not complicated to ship internationally.

Ken

had a better idea, put the files here:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~bellcham/RFQ/

so that anyone can check them out. need 4 ribs in total, 1 is slightly different in that it has a different cutout in one edge. may actually be more worthwhile to do the cutout by hand...
    and need 1 of the baseplate part. The design is not 100% fixed, so if there are things that you think would make machining easier/cheaper, let me know and i'll think it over!

Cheers

Adam.

Beer is redeemable for cash, the postage on a carton (case) of beer would be nasty