587,495 active members*
2,948 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > new to this and want to build a plasma table

new to this and want to build a plasma table

Im new to this site I want a cnc plasma table but can not afford it right away so I would like to build on. Im a welder and fabricator but dont know anything about cnc machines. I have a miller cutmate 375 that I want to use. something like a 4'x8' table would be fine any help....... thanks

Welcome to Cnczone,:wave: there is a plethora of information here for people just like you. I, too, got into this hobby knowing nothing about CNC plasmas other than I wanted one and couldn't afford to buy one. Now, I have built one 4x4 plasma, and am now building a much larger table.
    Check out the build logs here in the Cnc plasma subforum, see how others are doing it, or contact other members for specific building and construction questions.
    Many others here have built machines, in a variety of sizes and budgets.
    You can also stop by the plasma chat here on the Flashchat of this site, every Saturday night at 7:00 PM, central time. We usually have a lot of build and construction discussions, as well as software and use tutorials. Feel free to sit and learn.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
    -RedGreen show.

any links to a build from start to finish im having a hard time finding some. thanks

Weldtutors machine...
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16634

Mike Laws, complete with drawings and plans, a variation on the Hot Rod Willys plans...
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14488

Millman52's plans...
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31133
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
    -RedGreen show.

OK i think i have some really good ideas for a 4 X 8 plasma table after lurking around for quite some time. Can i please have some input on everything else i need and should use. Also links to them please. what size motors should i use? steppers or servos? plus or minus a 1/64 would be fine for me. Alsoo what software do you recommened

4X4 plasma

I changed my mind i want to make a 4x4 plasma table now will the kit from hobbycnc run a 4X4 table ? I can build the table just lost on everything else now..............