587,848 active members*
3,106 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Advice on a Haas VF0

Hi,
    I'm thinking of buying a Haas VF0 from 1995. I have two cnc Lathes a Mazak and a Gildemeister but it would be new for me to get a VMC. I'm buying it beacuse I have a job coming up that requires square blocks to be drilled and tapped and also to maybe pick up some other jobs. Is there anything in particular that I should look for ? Is rigid tapping standard on this machine ? Any advice would be appricated.

Thanks.

rtap is not standard and it can be costly. make sure it has a spindle encoder. if it is a vector drive machine then you should have rtap. the machine probably has brush type motors if it is brushless it is better if you can pull back the way covers and check for rust listen the machine when it rapdis if the machine whines it probably needs thrust bearings. check the spindle oil regulator and make sure it is clean and that it is giving oil to the spindle chekc the spindle temp. call haas and get a service history they will give you parts sold for that machine serial # find out what type of material it was used for.