587,383 active members*
3,524 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SolidCAM to Mac3 pocketing

Hi,
    I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong place, I am new to this forum.
    I am running Mach3 on a Chinese CNC3020 machine.
    Models are produced in Solid works and programmed in SolidCAM, the post processor I am using is gmill_Tormach_3x_Eval
    My problem is that the Z axis will not move down when running a pocketing or HSM program, it operates perfectly when profiling and during manual operation, but just sits at the same level working through the 'X' 'Y' movements when pocketing.
    Have I missed a setting somewhere or am I using the wrong post.
    Incidentally, I do not get the same problem when posting from ArtCAM,, the machine will cut a 3D relief with no problem.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Dave

Re: SolidCAM to Mac3 pocketing

Hi Dave
    Are you new to solidcam ? . Did you simulate the program in solidverify ? Does the simulation ran as you intended ?

Re: SolidCAM to Mac3 pocketing

Hi,
    I would not call myself an expert as I do not get lots of time to practice, I am a manufacturing engineer and tend to problem solve rather than full blown production.
    To answer your question ....... yes I have run the solid verify simulation and everything ran perfectly, this is why I thought it may be the post i.e. a problem 'after' the simulation, this was also why I loaded it and ran it in Mach3 with confidence, only to discover the 'Z' axis problem.
    Just to add some background, I bought the little CNC3020 to get up to speed with the programming, I am not particularly worries about the accuracy of the machine just how it functions, I am also building a larger 4 axis machine from scratch, so this is all good input.
    Many thanks for your prompt reply.