587,518 active members*
3,516 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > New V28 installation. Will not save.

New V28 installation. Will not save.

I recently upgraded to V28. It will not save my work now, unless I do a Save As and give it a new name.

It is not saving CAD work or anything in the CAM tree. When I close it and come back, all progress is gone.

I don't think it was doing this immediately after installation.

I didn't have this issue in V23. Am I missing something?

I am saving drawings to C:\BOBCAD\CAD\(subdirectory for each customer)

I see the settings for directories under Preferences. Data folder is set to C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V28\

There is no way I am going to keep all of my files in one folder. What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks.

Re: New V28 installation. Will not save.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadal Error View Post
    I recently upgraded to V28. It will not save my work now, unless I do a Save As and give it a new name.

It is not saving CAD work or anything in the CAM tree. When I close it and come back, all progress is gone.

I don't think it was doing this immediately after installation.

I didn't have this issue in V23. Am I missing something?

I am saving drawings to C:\BOBCAD\CAD\(subdirectory for each customer)

I see the settings for directories under Preferences. Data folder is set to C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V28\

There is no way I am going to keep all of my files in one folder. What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks.
    Don`t know why you can`t save your work and your CAD tree is empty when you re-open a file, if you want to upload a BobCAD file here (Zip it up) for someone to have a look at it might help. If you have just bought V28 then I think you will have some free support for a while, I think it is 45 days but don`t quote me on that so might be worth giving Support a call or drop them an email

The folder you refer to C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V28\ is nothing to do with where you save your work, it houses all the stuff that BobCAD needs to work, for example your Post Processors etc.
    V23 and V28 are very different systems, V23 didn`t have the BobCAD-CAM Data folder.

I usually just create a folder for each customers files directly on the C:\ drive like C:\SMITHS FILES or C:\JONES FILES etc, I do know a lot of people like to save their work to customer named folders on their Desktop, it is all down to personal preference and the way you like to organise your work flow

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

I guess depending on the OS it sounds like a permissions issue to me. Need more info.

""""""C:\BOBCAD\CAD\(subdirectory for each customer) """"""""" is a user made directory that will require proper setup for an app to function right.

I save to desktop until the job is done and out the door,,
    Then I put in a folder for that customer

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I guess depending on the OS it sounds like a permissions issue to me. Need more info.

""""""C:\BOBCAD\CAD\(subdirectory for each customer) """"""""" is a user made directory that will require proper setup for an app to function right.
    Windows 7 Pro SP1

By the way, it worked fine yesterday. Seems to be working fine today.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    I save to desktop until the job is done and out the door,,
    Then I put in a folder for that customer
    OK. I don't like to do it that way and, as far as I know, I don't think that would change the issue here. Does it matter where you save to? I guess that is my question. Seems like The Engine Guy is saying that it shouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadal Error View Post
    Windows 7 Pro SP1

By the way, it worked fine yesterday. Seems to be working fine today.
    There's nothing wrong with saving how you like.

"""Its working...its not working""""

Gotta look for something interfering. Make sure you dont have something like "2 antivirus/firewall" programs running at the same time.

"Intermittent" is going to be hard in a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    There's nothing wrong with saving how you like.

"""Its working...its not working""""

Gotta look for something interfering. Make sure you dont have something like "2 antivirus/firewall" programs running at the same time.

"Intermittent" is going to be hard in a forum.
    Only Norton 360. Windows firewall is turned off.

I think I had a similar problem when I first loaded V23 when it first came out. I don't remember what fixed it. Auto Save settings maybe? Incidentally, I turned auto-save off. It started saving in the middle of simulation and crashed the program, losing all of my CAM tree.

I was hoping it was a known issue and that I was just missing something obvious.