587,443 active members*
3,339 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > North American Plywood for Dieboard Makers

Where is the manufacturers country of origin for this plywood? If it's a China product NO THANKS !!. I bought a full lift of made in China 3/4" cabinet birch plywood and it was crap.

no not china

Funny you should ask because i just got an email from a guy in china asking me about it. . I must have sent him an email by mistake lol ... NO sir, we are in Parsippany NJ 07054 .... You can call me anytime but let me have some time to wake up this wed morning .. just got back from a looong weekend :-) .. thank you .. Good MA isn't far but we do all the way to east of the Mississippi anyway. Our products are top of the line but don't take my word for it ... Always free samples .. anytime JM .. O sorry don't want anyone to think we only do this side of the states. We have 7 offices and California office takes the mid west to west so all are welcome. Even if i can't make a buck in comission , i still work for the company so i will always point you in the right direction .. thanks again

Johnny I think he was asking if the material is imported from China.

I can't speak for this product but I bought some 1" marine grade from North American earlier this year and was totally pleased with the product. The only complaint I had was that the shipping was not quoted correctly and cost me several extra $$$. I personally will not hesitate to buy from them again, but this time there will be a different means of payment on the shipping.

Mike

edit to add: that would be early LAST year!:tired:
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by turmite View Post
    Johnny I think he was asking if the material is imported from China.

I can't speak for this product but I bought some 1" marine grade from North American earlier this year and was totally pleased with the product. The only complaint I had was that the shipping was not quoted correctly and cost me several extra $$$. I personally will not hesitate to buy from them again, but this time there will be a different means of payment on the shipping.

Mike

edit to add: that would be early LAST year!:tired:
    We import Chinese Birch and other Chinese products but yes your right quality isn't great at all. Russian birch is straight from Russia and although Russia is having problem getting machines into forests being such hot weather, we still move quite a bit.. Product is very good quality as are many others we carry. We are known for our Liteply .. Wigglewood helping many also. .. Very good quality concrete forms as well .. Give me an address and i'll send you all the free information you like without calling you every 5min and hard selling you as typical salesman would :-) .. Seriously, any information just ask .. Hope everyone had a great new year without having too much to drink. JM ... As far as shipping charge, we get discounts with transport companies and we are usually right on with the price .. Prices can always change which is why i recommend always getting that quote number and holding on to it just in case. If the shipping did come out over price you were given, you call me and i find out why .. This is not car sales so we always try to build a very good relationship with our customers .. If the customer is getting charge more than he plained to spend then he will not be happy .. I wouldn't be happy and i assume most others would'nt either. I like when people are happy, because everything just seems to fall into place when they are .. Some of us like to work because it gets us away from home. Not saying i don't like it home but .. Let's just say 4 days is too much for a weekend lol

Hey Johnny.... other than Appleply, is there any other TRUE 1/2" plywoods out there? I mean .500" +/- .010"

Thanks!

-Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by InspirationTool View Post
    Hey Johnny.... other than Appleply, is there any other TRUE 1/2" plywoods out there? I mean .500" +/- .010"

Thanks!

-Jeff
    Like i said, i am new so work with me here. lol .. all new lingo to me .. We have Norboard plywood which is maple, red oak, Mohaganny, etc .. Columbia has those also .. Let me get some time and write what we carry because i don't have a copy of this in the system .. Have to get back to a customer with price right now .. JM

Sorry

Did i mention that Die-Tanium is Finland birch? Sorry if i didn't. I think i have people thinking it was Russian and maybe even said it was. My bad ... Anyone else here in sales?

Johnny I started a reply to you yesterday afternoon and my daughter showed up with 3 small grandsons! I think you know who lost the attention contest!!!!

I want to make it clear that I am not upset with the confusion I had on the shipping. Yes, it was more than I was quoted, but the problem was I was not $$$ prepared when the truck got here. I had cash waiting on the driver and it was for the amount I was quoted. When I order again this spring I will go over the shipping in detail with which ever sales rep I talk to!

Personally, I think it is a good thing you posted here and hopefully you will be able to generate some sales from it. I would also suggest that you ask your company to consider putting an advertising banner up here on the zone. Lots of woodworkers here.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by turmite View Post
    Johnny I started a reply to you yesterday afternoon and my daughter showed up with 3 small grandsons! I think you know who lost the attention contest!!!!

I want to make it clear that I am not upset with the confusion I had on the shipping. Yes, it was more than I was quoted, but the problem was I was not $$$ prepared when the truck got here. I had cash waiting on the driver and it was for the amount I was quoted. When I order again this spring I will go over the shipping in detail with which ever sales rep I talk to!

Personally, I think it is a good thing you posted here and hopefully you will be able to generate some sales from it. I would also suggest that you ask your company to consider putting an advertising banner up here on the zone. Lots of woodworkers here.

Mike
    that sounds good, let me see how i am going to propose that to them. People are so busy ... well bosses are anyway .. I always get along with everyone though, so this afternoon i am going to bring it up to my sales manager. Thanks again ... I wrote a whole reply on another board i'm on and i hit the wrong button on my phone and erased it. I hate when that happens lol

Hello Johnny, I'm a jig die maker for our own diecutting operation and am gaining a bug for cnc as I build my first router. Please send me a sales sheet with what you have incuding the Die-tanium. Flat and stable is what gets our attention. We had some material called plumwood that we liked. Do you know it?
    Ken [email protected]

RE: Die-Boards

Our Die-Tanium is a Finland birch so flat and stable is not a problem. .. It has the same specs as maple with a 7ply construction. I'm going to email you for your addy so I can send you more info with a sample ...