587,875 active members*
3,467 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Feedback on Ebay Laser Engraver

Hello CNCZone people!

I'm looking for opinions and feedback on an engraving machine on Ebay: USB 60W CO2 Laser Engraving Cutting Machine ENGRAVER Cutter Textile Carving | eBay

From poking around the world I imagine it's going to need significant attention to be a solid performer, but the cutting area is ideal for my use so I figured it'd make a decent base unit and I could continue to add things on to it as time goes by.

Getting much information from the selling company is hit or miss, I'd really like to know about adding a rotary, auto focus and motorized up/down if anyone has any insights.

Anything is welcome (rants, raves, pointers, better machines around the same price point (shipping included), etc) - I'm new to lasers but not CNC in general (built a Joe's 4x4 Hybrid cnc router).

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by feron View Post
    Hello CNCZone people!

I'm looking for opinions and feedback on an engraving machine on Ebay: USB 60W CO2 Laser Engraving Cutting Machine ENGRAVER Cutter Textile Carving | eBay

From poking around the world I imagine it's going to need significant attention to be a solid performer, but the cutting area is ideal for my use so I figured it'd make a decent base unit and I could continue to add things on to it as time goes by.

Getting much information from the selling company is hit or miss, I'd really like to know about adding a rotary, auto focus and motorized up/down if anyone has any insights.

Anything is welcome (rants, raves, pointers, better machines around the same price point (shipping included), etc) - I'm new to lasers but not CNC in general (built a Joe's 4x4 Hybrid cnc router).

Thanks in advance!
    Is this a redsail x700?
    the pictures are identical (I know that means little when it comes to ebay).
    awaiting a copy of the manual now.

Re: Feedback on Ebay Laser Engraver

I don't know what you are paying for this but I think it's a mistake. I have been looking at machines for some time now and just purchased a Universal Laser VSL 2.30 desk top unit. The old saying you get what you pay for, really applies here. With the Chinese made EBay laser you will not have any support. Not any real time support or any other valuable support. With Universal they come out and set up and spend the day with you until you are comfortable operating. 3 year warranty plus live telephone support for the life of the machine. But most importantly the quality is there and you won't have to upgrade or replace parts with better ones. Just my opinion, hope it helps. Also Epilog makes a great quality machine if you can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman84 View Post
    I don't know what you are paying for this but I think it's a mistake. I have been looking at machines for some time now and just purchased a Universal Laser VSL 2.30 desk top unit. The old saying you get what you pay for, really applies here. With the Chinese made EBay laser you will not have any support. Not any real time support or any other valuable support. With Universal they come out and set up and spend the day with you until you are comfortable operating. 3 year warranty plus live telephone support for the life of the machine. But most importantly the quality is there and you won't have to upgrade or replace parts with better ones. Just my opinion, hope it helps. Also Epilog makes a great quality machine if you can afford it.
    The key words here are if you can afford it. I picked up a unit that was around $3000 and it works just fine. had to align the mirrors but that was all. I cut 6mm acrylic all the time with it.

feron

you can buy from usa a similar sized probably for 10-12K... might be more
    that has support you talking about..

it is up to you to pay the difference, or accept what you have..

if youi have doubt you can use, then don't buy it.. or learn laser before you buy..

the most issue is coming, people who buyoing equipment they don't have knowledge what they are buying..

ijust find you a great one.. it has great support

Epilog 36EXT Laser ENGRAVER Free Cont USA Shipping w Bin | eBay

it cost 12K more that you posted..

ironman forget to post he got a laser 20-30 watt output and he forget to mention how much he paid..
    probably ironman wouldn't be so helpful if he had to pay the difference..

Quote Originally Posted by feron View Post
    Hello CNCZone people!

Thanks in advance!
    Hello Feron

G.WEIKE LG6040N for your reference

hope we can talk more details online.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lg6040n.jpg  
    www.wklaser.com [email protected] SKYPE: cyosusu
    Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/people/Cuicui-Zhang/100005165685762