587,501 active members*
3,084 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Smile Lets do this!

Greetings all, I’m back and hopefully for my own sanity I’ll be working with the machine on a normal schedule. Getting pulled away for 6 months or a year is like starting at ground zero every time. So this time I at least have 3 months here to build a prototype in house. I’ve got my old V23 which sort of worked and I have the V26 which I’ve never used and don’t have a post for. V26 did come with a version of Predator Editor that should work… However they are on different machines. I’m also dealing with a new Win 7 machine for the CNC machine which should be sweet if I can shut down HP system checkups and automated BS. So I’m happy to be back… Thanks to all that have helped in the past and I hope I don’t traumatize you all to much… Let the fun begin….
    Using CNC Masters Supra Knee Mill, 4 Axis vari speed. Bob Cad V-23, V26, Bob Art

Re: Lets do this!

First off.... I need to order some new mills... Standard uncoated 3 flute.... Any recommendations on a site that has good prices and service here in the states.??
    Using CNC Masters Supra Knee Mill, 4 Axis vari speed. Bob Cad V-23, V26, Bob Art

Hey Martin,,,my favorite for Aluminum are these alumapower end mill | eBay

Thanks... Yes all my work is aluminum too....

Awesome.... Very good.. making a list now... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Hey Martin,,,my favorite for Aluminum are these alumapower end mill | eBay
    I would have to second that, Got my first one a couple of days ago and had to just sit and stare at it.....Sharp and polished ( 1/2" long ) wow, finishing making pa
    rts for my Router mill!!

V26 videos are broken into three parts these days... Why do they do this to us... I don't have an extra1000 bucks to learn how to use this version.... Anyone have alternate suggestions? Tried watching the webinar stuff... Not going to happen... to much going on there with no real direction. The old video series I had with V21 was awesome... a to z covered for 239.00

Is 26 and 27 the same?

Pretty close

OK another question... I got 26 a while ago... but just got it loaded a week ago or so... So I'm out of tech support... So should I just upgrade to 27 and use my 30 days of tech help for the post and problems while I have the time to use it.... Otherwise I'm just going to have to use 23 and work around whatever doesn't work. This job I'm working on doesn't require any crazy 3d tool paths...

V26 is probably more software than I will ever need.
    If I had the money I love to have V27,,,but not for the reasons you are suggesting.
    Use 23 for now (it works great for 2D) and in the mean time learn V26 and ask questions here,including PP questions.Unless you have some oddball CNC,,we should be able to come up with a PP that works.Free downloads of PP on the BoB site and from there the forum community and some informative video's should get a PP set up to your liking.
    If money is of no concern,then by all means get V27.

Sounds like a plan..... If I work on the Post for V23 it will likely work in 3 axis better. They didn't do a very complete job on my post but I have enough there that this forum can fix the rest.... When I start running tool path to the machine I will start remembering what was wrong... and address it ...

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Free downloads of PP on the BoB site
    Checked that lately James ? ?

I tried to get one to modify for someone on the Forum but the link to the PPs isn`t there any more, you need a Support package now !! So the days of being to download different PPs in order to help out are gone, the person needing help will have to upload the PP they have for others to modify

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Still offer free PP,,just won't help modify without support

Membership Signup | BobCAD Support Portal

I hope Bob Cad figures out that they are now the people they were against in the beginning... They no longer care about the customers and its all about making sales to fix stuff that should work... You can chop the legs out from under loyal customers so many times before they jump ship... But its the way of all of them...

So I wonder what happened to my support membership when all this changed. I've tried for a few weeks now off and on to login to the support site and my username is invalid. It should be good through 4/23/15.

I will readily admit I'm getting a bit irritated with things being moved around and changed. I thought the Bobcad.com community forum finally died but it turned out they just buried the link. Same with the PP. I found this link that doesn't require a login: CNC Machine Post Processors | CAD/CAM Software | BobCAD-CAM | BobCAD-CAM but the other link jrmach posted DOES require one. Which one has the latest posts? Anyone's guess, especially if your support membership doesn't work (nuts)

Just a little frustrated in general today, apologies for the minor rant.

Ok, now this is just crazy. If I go directly to the bobcadsupport.com, I can't login. If I go to BobCAD.com and click on the Software Updates then try to download an update, it sends me to the support site (with an error) but then I can login on that page. On the front page it doesn't recognize my username at all (now I'm locked out).

You been Black Listed,lol
    The link I provided should be valid for everyone.I do not have support at all.

I just replicated what you did with the link you provided.My login no good either
    BUT
    that is not normally how I go to their site,,I have this link to the forum bookmarked Forums | Community Support | Online Help | BobCAD-CAM | BobCAD-CAM that is how I always go to their site,,not the Home page.

I've never logged in... I have always gone to their site, support and posts. They never did update any posts for my machine... even the ones they made for me. last time they were done was 2009

Page 1 of 2 12