587,462 active members*
3,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > X6-1500 (from carving-cnc) - bended X-axis

X6-1500 (from carving-cnc) - bended X-axis

Hi,

Year ago I bought X6-1500 CNC machine. I've never experienced any troubles till I've tried to cut huge parts with it. I found, that X-axis cuts bended line towards Y-axis. At the same time Y-axis is absolutely okay.

The line is curved and it's center.

I've contacted chinese guys and they asked to make some tests and told me, it's connection problem. I presume, that connection problem may cause Y-axis providing curved line on X-axis, but I can't see any movements of Y-axis.

Further I've disassembled X-axis and found all rods and X-axis screw are absolutely straight. I've put X-axis carriage on table and used pensil to draw line on paper and I also have curved line.

So, what is the problem? I think, it could be excess weight of spindle, but it must be common construction issue and I still could not find any reports by searching the internet.

Perhaps, there's common solution? If not, may be I can use some mach3 plugin or prostprocessor to make proper g-code?

Re: X6-1500 (from carving-cnc) - bended X-axis

pshz11

The Gantry is Racking, ( Twisting as it is moving along ) these machines are off very light construction, & with the single screw in the center, this will always happen, May be one side the bearings are tighter than the other side, this will cause the Twisting of the Gantry
    Mactec54

Re: X6-1500 (from carving-cnc) - bended X-axis

Thank you, mactec54. I assumed that, but I'm wondering, why no one still reported this issue.

May it also happen because of wear of sliders (on the rods)?

Is there any software that can compensate it in g-code?