587,560 active members*
3,452 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Phasing Errors

Hello and help please.
    I went to turn on my mill today and at start up I got 219 Z Phasing Error I cleared it started spindle warm up and the computer beeped screen went black and the computer started up again. Shut the machine down opened the back had turned the machine on again in the same way and watched the phasing lights in the back of the machine. The computer reset again but all 3 phase items stayed green just the single phase components stoped. Repeating the process trying to look at parm and set each time the computer resets the error changes from 219 217 and 218 Z X and Y phasing errors, not in that order seemingly random. I am at my witts end any advice would be helpful
    I'm not lazy..., I'm efficient!
    HAAS GR-408

Hey mate best think would to be contact haas servicing help. Sounds like a tricky one to me maybe circuit board error????? i have never came across this problem such as yet

You may have a low voltage power issue. Check to see if the circuit boards at the upper left corner have proper low voltages. ie. +12vdc, -12vdc, and +5vdc. If the voltages get to low it will cause electronic issues especially on the mocon pcb and give out seeminly random alarm codes. If these are ok then I would advise you call your local service tech as haasmanuk said.

Let us know what you find.

So to confirm what your problems are- the items on the machine that use three phase are running ok even though you get phasing errors on startup? So X Y and Z axes zero out and run ok? and spindle runs ok?
    Yet single phase items i.e coolant pump, fans, chip motor, CRT (monitor)do not function correctly?
    If this is correct then maybe you should be checking your in coming power to machine - maybe you have lost a phase?
    If not then HAASTEC could be pointing you in the right direction with checking The low volt power +5 -12 +12v

Hope this helps

Phasing Errors

Hi all, I am having the same issue. The differences are that I am not able to get past the alarm screen to check any param.

Now it is a 2000 haas vf3 the machine was working fine before the holidays and when I came back I turned on the unit, homed it, changed a tool and had the Z axis down to measure and set the tools length. Then I got the phasing error for the Z axis and my A axis got an alarm for an over heating issue, which did produce a little smoke from the vent.
    Now I am stuck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk