587,647 active members*
3,343 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc Servo Amplifier Fault

I'm working on a Mori-Seiki AL-2BTM horizontal lathe. It has a Fanuc 10T control and a Fanuc A06B-6058-H203 dual axis servo amplifier.
    The problem I'm having is the control displayed an SV-003 excess current in servo alarm, and the servo amp had HC LED lit.
    I found the "W" phase transistor in the X axis transistor module of the servo amp shorted. I replaced the transistor module and the machine ran for 2 hours, then shorted the same "W" transistor.
    The motor megged @ 150 meg to gound. I sent it out to be cleaned and checked anyway. I also replaced the transistor module again, then sent the drive out for testing and repair.
    The repair facility cleaned and tested for about 3 hours before they found a defective shunt resistor.
    I reassembled the machine and started to set up a new job, when the X axis started to get jerky and the control faulted with the same alarm.
    I ohmed out the feedback cable and the control cable from the NC to the drive, and made sure they were seated properly, all ok.
    I turned power back on and was putting my clamp on amp meter on the X axis motor leads and noticed the current was slowly increasing, without me touching anything.
    Before I got around to the control it alarmed out with the same alarm. The same "W" transistor is shorted again.
    Is there something I'm missing or is the velocity control board on the drive bad? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I think that your fault in your pre-H Bridge controller side. Either your transistor leaky or short please check the same