587,558 active members*
3,815 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thunder Laser Mini60 Purchase & Delivery Timeline

Hello all,

Today 11/05/15 I start the process of purchasing my Thunder Laser Mini60. After determining an Epilog is way out of my price range, I looked at every possible Chinese laser out there and came to the conclusion the Thunder Mini60 was the nicest machine for my money. I originally contacted Nolan Yang from Thunder on 10/18/15 while I contemplated my decision as to which machine to buy.

Nolan has been very helpful and professional answering every email within 1 day. I decided to handle the shipping myself because I wanted to see if I could have a clear idea of ALL the costs involved in the import process. I'm working with Randal Hunter from DHL, he is also very helpful and professional.

One thing I wanted when I was reading other timelines on CNCZONE was the prices of the shipping process that people had paid but, never found a breakdown of charges. So, here is what I have come up with, I realize there could be unforeseen charges but this is what I have compiled so far.

DHL Shipping Quote - $1101.98 * Duty Fee -$120.00 * MPF - $25.00 * Single Entry Bond - $250.00 * Disbursement Fee - $5.00 * FDA - $25.00 * Electronic OGA Transmission - $15.00
    TOTAL Shipping & Import Cost - $1541.98

Well, I'm off to the bank to wire transfer $4,550 to Thunder Laser, I feel confident all will go well and Nolan will take good care of me.

11/05/2015

Re: Thunder Laser Mini60 Purchase & Delivery Timeline

Congratulations on your purchase. You made a great choice. Shipping by DHL will be smooth for you too.
    Keep us all informed along the way. I always enjoy reading these reviews. They are very helpful.
    The breakdown on the fees is also very useful. Something I failed to do on my review.

Gozzie

I have been contemplating the mini60 as well. Can you elaborate on exacting what you are getting for $4550. Tube wattage, extra heads or chiller? So total out of pocket is $6091.98, is that right?

Thanks

Congrats I like my thunder laser as you've probably read from my posts I think you'll love it!

Quote Originally Posted by sjctool View Post
    I have been contemplating the mini60 as well. Can you elaborate on exacting what you are getting for $4550. Tube wattage, extra heads or chiller? So total out of pocket is $6091.98, is that right?

Thanks
    I'm getting a 60 watt (I requested an RECI ) laser $3950 with a 4" head $200 and a HD head $400 - $4550. Nolan says it will take 7 - 10 business days to prepare the machine. I'll keep everybody posted

I was just informed by Nolan that RECI doesn't offer a 60W tube, I went to the RECI web site, he's correct, they don't offer a 60W. My mistake. He got my wire transfer today 11/09/15 and will let me know the progress.

Recent Update

I just received an email from Nolan at Thunder Laser. It is 12:48 am on Monday 11/16/15, 11 Days from the date I started this post. The machine is ready for pickup by DHL, I notified Randal at DHL and will let you know the progress on the pickup.

One note I have to mention, Nolan sent me a YouTube Video of my machine actually laser cutting out my full name on a piece of paper, then a picture of all 5 sides of the machine, including the laser tube, then a picture of three young men, presumably Nolan and two other associates. Very nice and very professional touch. I have purchased many, many machines of different types in my 60 years and never has anyone sent me a video of MY completed machine.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

we have packed laser machine today, I think DHL staffs will contact me soon. :banana:
    Attachment 298188Attachment 298190Attachment 298192Attachment 298194Attachment 298196

Update 11/24/15. It's been a little rocky with DHL but all will work out fine in the end. I got an email from DHL telling me thy misquoted me by $160 because he made a mistake in the China airport. Oh well, **** happens. Anyway, Nolan just sent me an email saying that DHL has picked up the machine from Thunder Laser, so hopefully I will have a Handbill # tomorrow from DHL for tracking. I'll keep everyone posted when I get a delivery date.

I try to tell everybody to set aside a couple of hundred dollars for unknown extras.
    I have to say though that's a first time I have heard of DHL doing a misquote.
    Myself included there are quite a few of us that wound up paying a little extra for one thing or another.
    I imagine you are getting pretty excited now. That's the best part. It's on it's way.
    You will love it just as much as I do mine.

Gozzie

You will love it! Just ordered my second Thunder Laser myself, the mini60. (have a mars90 now). Thunder laser gets you the same quality as an epilog for a fraction of the price. If you run production with it you can pay it off in a week with such a low investment cost! GREAT GREAT support! You can not go wrong!

Would it be cheaper to have the laser go container ship? The DHL shipping costs seem really steep.

yes, a lot cheaper. You can't air any of the larger machines only the min60. You also have the option to boat the mini60. Its just how fast do you want it. You have extra fees with boating, I'm curious what (if any) extra fees dhl will have.

They really need to send a boat load of them over here to one of you guys and have you become the dealer.
    They would likely sell a bunch more of them that way.
    Lee

Update 12/4/15. Well, I have to say I'm a little disappointed with DHL. My sales guy Randal Hunter, yes the same guy who misquoted me, is pretty much missing in action from Thursday til Monday each week. So, I get an email from Chiquita Winston of DHL on 12/2/15 asking for the Harmonized Tariff number for the laser cutter. I gave this information to Randal last month.

Anyway, I gave Chiquita the number withing 15 minutes of her email and I CC'd Randal. Well, here it is Friday night and I still have no idea where my Mini 60 is, I tried calling Randal and Chiquita earlier today and neither one is in the office until Monday. I do have what DHL calls a housebill # which they have a tracking system for, as of 1 minute ago it shows no movement in the package since November 28.

I'm a real patient guy but, Arrrgggggg! This is frustrating.

IT'S HERE!

Well, at 3:30 pm my new Mini 60 was delivered by a 3rd party carrier California Carrier Express. It was a long journey for sure and if not for the EXCELLENT packaging and the very solid wooden crate provided by Thunder Laser the outcome could have been much different. Believe me, I have a lot of experience with having large heavy equipment shipped and trucking companies today have no respect for anything, REDDAWAY trucking in particular but that's another story.

Nolan and Thunder Laser deserve a GREAT JOB! on the packaging and customer service. I'm at least a week away from actually setting up the machine and firing it up but, I will let you know when engrave my first piece of whatever. (Probably wood)

I did pop off the cover to look inside and it looks exactly like the pictures Nolan sent. Sweet, I can't wait to set it up.

In case anyone is wondering the final cost to my door was $6,221.20. Thunder Laser $4,550 and DHL Shipping & Fees $1,671.20. 1/3 the price of an Epilog Helix.

35 day from order to door, the biggest slow spot was DHL and USA customs but for me it wasn't not bad at all

I'm glad that you receive the machine finally. :cheers:
    please ask me for help, or send email to [email protected] if you have any questions about your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by datagrfx View Post
    IT'S HERE!

Well, at 3:30 pm my new Mini 60 was delivered by a 3rd party carrier California Carrier Express. It was a long journey for sure and if not for the EXCELLENT packaging and the very solid wooden crate provided by Thunder Laser the outcome could have been much different. Believe me, I have a lot of experience with having large heavy equipment shipped and trucking companies today have no respect for anything, REDDAWAY trucking in particular but that's another story.

Nolan and Thunder Laser deserve a GREAT JOB! on the packaging and customer service. I'm at least a week away from actually setting up the machine and firing it up but, I will let you know when engrave my first piece of whatever. (Probably wood)

I did pop off the cover to look inside and it looks exactly like the pictures Nolan sent. Sweet, I can't wait to set it up.

In case anyone is wondering the final cost to my door was $6,221.20. Thunder Laser $4,550 and DHL Shipping & Fees $1,671.20. 1/3 the price of an Epilog Helix.

35 day from order to door, the biggest slow spot was DHL and USA customs but for me it wasn't not bad at all

Can you give an update of how it's going, how's the quality and take some pics of any work if you could.

Can you post pictures of it set up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hi, I think Rob is not always log in this forum, if you want to see more pictures of our Mini60 or other model machine, you can ask me as well.
    welcome to send email to me. :banana:
    Have a nice day.