587,087 active members*
2,867 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

rotary attachment roller or chuck

What type of rotary attachment for laser to get
    A rotary attachment like the epilog style with rollers or a chuck type one?
    basically which have you used the most. I am asumming the roller type can do more. I have a intrest in engraving eggs as well so the roller I hope can work for that. anyone actually do this?
    What sort do you use and your opinion of it.

---
    looking at a chinese laser at present.

I don't think roller type will work for your application as it will be difficult to fix an egg.
    you can use the chuck type, but you have to be very very careful .

Probably messed my meaning up when first posted this. ignore the egg reference.

Which of these do you think is the most useful for general work or is a case of depending on what you do.

I was thinking of getting the roller as seemed to be more common and I assumed it was better because of that but am now thinking the chuck type might be more useful for some things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WKlaser Laser Rotary Attachment chuck.JPG   WKlaser Laser Rotary Attachment.jpg  

I realize this is an old post but nevertheless I have to try. I would be very interested in knowing more about the manufacturer of the roller rotary attachment shown in the picture on the right. Have been searching quite a bit and there seem not to be a lot of choices of either type.
    This one seems to be well made, my only concern is to distance to the base plate that is needed when you engrave on cups or mugs with a handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Donnellan View Post
    What type of rotary attachment for laser to get
    A rotary attachment like the epilog style with rollers or a chuck type one?
    basically which have you used the most. I am asumming the roller type can do more. I have a intrest in engraving eggs as well so the roller I hope can work for that. anyone actually do this?
    What sort do you use and your opinion of it.

---
    looking at a chinese laser at present.

The roller on the right is pretty common. Hurricane, BossLaser, Epilog, FS, etc. all sell that type of roller. The trick is getting the one that connects to your machine properly.

Yeah this is an old thread alright. But is still relevant as more people are getting lasers.

Can't help you Rolf with the maker of that roller rotary. A google search quickly comes up with lots of options. Like this one;

Laser Rotary Attachment - Buy Laser Rotary Attachment,Laser Engraving Machine Rotary Attachment,Rotary Attachment For Laser Engraving Machine Product on Alibaba.com

Regarding the original question,

I have both roller and chuck style rotaries. Use the chuck style a lot. Use the roller style......never. YMMV

The chuck style is very versatile. However that versatility comes from having a range of holding adaptors for it.

A chuck is not always the best holding device. Cones, male and female, in a range of sizes are very useful.

If you do not have the capacity to make these yourself as needed, then that may be a limiting factor.

Greolt