587,311 active members*
3,470 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Spindle bearings

I finished rebuilding the hi/lo idler assemble and replacing the belts. There is one mystery hose that I believe may be the line from the air/oil lubricator at the back of the machine. It is cut off and melted near the idler pulleys. Where does it attach to the spindle? There was no other end of the hose that went to the spindle. Could it have been replaced with a grease packed spinle. Its a 1988 vmc 4020, with th hight torque spindle, I think 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by yeepman2 View Post
    I finished rebuilding the hi/lo idler assemble and replacing the belts. There is one mystery hose that I believe may be the line from the air/oil lubricator at the back of the machine. It is cut off and melted near the idler pulleys. Where does it attach to the spindle? There was no other end of the hose that went to the spindle. Could it have been replaced with a grease packed spinle. Its a 1988 vmc 4020, with th hight torque spindle, I think 10k.
    Most likely the air purge line running from the manifolds for changing speeds.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.