587,086 active members*
2,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Hypertherm Plasma > What order should I run my filters to my refrigerated air drying system?

Question What order should I run my filters to my refrigerated air drying system?

I bought the IR refrigeration unit, dang this table is getting pricey. I need to know if I have run my air filters in the wrong direction. I have the oil air filter first, then the water filter. Now the refrigerated air dryer? I also have one more small air filter I was going to put on the back of the RAD. Any info would be appreciated. One other thing-do I put a bypass in before the RAD for air that use for other than plasma cutting or will air flow through it when it is not on. Or do I use the bypass just not to work the unit as much.

Here is a copy of the suggested filter placements....this is from the Hypertherm Powermax operators manual.....always a good place to look for answers!

I recommend if you have a refrigerated air dryer that is shopuld be located at least 20 feet away from the compressor......then your other filters should be close to the plasma system inlet, with a pressure gauge right at the inlet. I get more calls that turn out to be low air flow, caused by too much filtration.....than I get for actual moisture or particulates that affect the plasma. Each dryer, filter, fitting, and extra length of plumbing will increase the resistance to flow......which will drop the pressure to the plasma under air flowing conditions.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails filters.png  

Thanks Jim, you always are a big help. It is much appreciated.