587,098 active members*
5,585 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Post your best/stable SprutCAM 7.1.6 build and rev

Post Post your best/stable SprutCAM 7.1.6 build and rev

I am asking everyone who has found a good stable build version of SprutCAM 7.

I see that on the main site they do not have all the archived download builds as it was with the old site, and some new ones are pretty bad.

I would like to stick with version 7.1.6 as I believe it brought a few changes (cant recall them all) but the most few current ones I have been having major issues with vox5 and solid simulation.

Literally I do not get some areas to machine, and fast simulation pretty much always skips or is missing some obvious areas that should be machined.

The only partial solution I found was to get some of the areas to fully machine is to play it at normal speed or slower and zoom into the area, and I am forced to pretty much watch the simulation, which at times is at cutting speed or slower.

I don't have some of the older builds anymore because I did not want them to take up space :/ (I have tested the build on 3 different systems all windows 8 64bit, ones with different video cards as well, one older nvidia card and 2 ati pro cards)

(main system windows 8 64bit, amd PII x6 @4ghz, ati firepro v5900, 16gb ram)
    I have versions 7.1.6.59760 up to newest, using 63104 currently

I dont have windows 7 64bit installed on my main system, but I do have dual boot on laptop, I will experiment with same build with windows 7, to see if its the OS issue?

Sad nobody has any input, I guess I will reply what I have found out.

I was experimenting with the simulation, and found out that if I go to tolerances and place the toolpath on the highest along with the animation to 2nd from highest (the highest one really slows my system down) and if I run the simulation at regular or live play, not the fast simulate. Then my simulation will workout a lot better.

The only issue is that there seems to be no way to save the default toolpath tolerance settings along with the simulation. (not that I have seen at least)

Hi Drutort,
    I am certainly no hardware expert but I think from the point of looking at it from the simulation performance, it has a lot to do with your computer/video. I would like to replace the low end video card I have now (Nvidia GT420 OEM Card) with a better Open GL capable card (such as a Quadro 600) and see what kind of difference that makes in SC as well as SW.
    Gerry
    Currently using SC7 Build 1.6 Rev. 64105

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Sweetland View Post
    Hi Drutort,
    I am certainly no hardware expert but I think from the point of looking at it from the simulation performance, it has a lot to do with your computer/video. I would like to replace the low end video card I have now (Nvidia GT420 OEM Card) with a better Open GL capable card (such as a Quadro 600) and see what kind of difference that makes in SC as well as SW.
    Gerry
    j

I did my research on pro cards, thats why I went with ATI far cheaper and more power, did not want a dual slot card making too much heat, I tried 2x crossfire of the cards that I had and also the single next card up which was the v7900. Of course the v7900 has more power.

The only major difference is probably in simulation I would say and the residual material "the machining result compare model" that one hits hard on video cards.

$600 for the v7900 was too much for me, also the CAD software Alibre does not yet utilize pro cards, so regular consumer ones worked well. I saw no improvement or very minimal in Alibre with v5900 vs v7900.

Anti aliasing was great that ones is nice if software supports it, that hits hard on performance as well so more hp the card has and more memory the better.

Anyway, back on topic I am not sure about quadro's see the benchmark reviews to see how they stack up.

Also SC does work with pro cards but not as utilized as some other software, Solidworks will work with pro cards very well from what I hear, not sure which brand is better for SW nivida or ati? but I would guess both should be as they are certified.