587,202 active members*
3,119 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

seeper motors

dear sir
    i would like to know if ther are any plans for motor mounts for mrico mart mill and lathe for use on the nema 17 nem and a nema 23 .i am new at this what in laymens terms is between a nena 17 and a nema 23 i will be useing some tool steel i have one going with the nema 17 the other going with the nema 23 ?i no next to nothing about this kind of stuff . what i do know is a little about cadcam and cut 3d i have been practing with them

Quote Originally Posted by richard west View Post
    dear sir
    i would like to know if ther are any plans for motor mounts for mrico mart mill and lathe for use on the nema 17 nem and a nema 23 .i am new at this what in laymens terms is between a nena 17 and a nema 23 i will be useing some tool steel i have one going with the nema 17 the other going with the nema 23 ?i no next to nothing about this kind of stuff . what i do know is a little about cadcam and cut 3d i have been practing with them

At most manufacturers' websites, you should be able to download 2D and even 3D CAD of the steppers you plan to use. From there it should be relatively easy to design motor mounts based on the base and bolt patterns.

On my machine, I made simple mounts using 1/4" aluminum plate and threaded rod couplings

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc_wo...er_mill-7.html