View Poll Results: Mori Seiki Msc-805

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12

Mori Seiki CL2000A

Hi,

I have problem with setting the tool positions in Mori Seiki CL2000A with control unit MSC-805.
    Does anyone have proper documentation for this issue!?

Thanks
    [email protected]

What is the point of a poll on this?? what you need is a form of a question to seek the answer in the Mori Seiki forum.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hi. I didn't know what it was! I thought I should fill out the form to have my question uploaded! Can I get rid of it any how!?

your question is too general. exactly what problem do you have with setting tool positions?
    do you have only one arm and can't bolt the tool in while holding an allen key?
    or is there something you need to know about tool geometry setting?
    or workshifts?
    try to be more specific.....
    your machine is relatively new. you should have manuals?
    is your control MSG-805 with MAPPS panel? MSC-805 doesn't seem to exist?

I am new to the whole subject

Thank you fordav11,

I am not familiar with operation of this machine. I am told to learn how to do it. Up to know the setting for the position of the tools is my problem. When I enter the actual position of a tool while touching my scrap, the position that I enter for the reference point of the tool is not correct. Meaning, when I start the program it won't go to the same position.
    I do not have the manual. Since it is my first time working with this machine! I think it will help if I have it!

Thanks anyways!

As I said before the MSC-805 control does not exist (on google) so I can't be sure exactly what you have and I'm not going to offer advise without confirmation because it will just confuse you if it doesn't match your control.
    You should search on this forum for info on how to set tool geometry offsets and workshift.
    Here's one example.....
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...tml#post548350

If you can't understand this or it is different to your control you will need to post a pic of the offset screen on your control then I can give you exact step-by-step info for your control.

You sure this is a cl2000, and not a cl200a ? Msc805 I believe is the first gen Mitsubishi with the dreaded touch screen maps panel.

according to my info MSG-805 is the MAPPS panel? I can't find any info at all about MSC-805 other than some machine re-sellers but the pics they show have a MSG-805 control.
    Either way if it has MAPPS panel it'll have the Mori user interface so common Fanuc setting info and Fanuc screen descriptions and button sequences may not make sense to a newbie. Hence my reason for asking for a pic of the control before I go typing up pages of info that may not be relevant :-)

Not if its the very first one, came on TV and CL series only. (mid 90s) Touch screen with a meldas behind it. Looks nothing like any of the other controls. Those were msc controls. I'll see if I have any details on them. They were kinda tricky, I was very glad to see the more modern maps(MSG) replace those.

Here is the 803 panel
    http://www.wotol.com/1-mori-seiki-mo...prod_id/433612

I'm thinking this may be what he has

Hi everybody,

Thank you for all the help. Actually the machine is CL2000 and the operation unit is MSC-805. I finally figured that the problem was that I didn't know there is a work offset in tool settings. Now my only issue on this machine is to learn the procedure for transferring the codes from machine to PC and from PC to machine!
    Please let me know if you know the procedure or if you have any documents!

The is another problem I would like to know if you have any clue how to solve it!
    I another machine, a Mori Seiki F-L2 with Operation unit of MSC-521 which is fanuc based, I am facing this alarm every time I turn on the machine: 300 APC alarm X axis need zrn.
    I have tried opening and closing the door! but still none of the Jog mode nor the hand wheel functions so that I can move the position to Zero.

Can you help me with this guys?!

Have nice weekend!

your MSC-805 control is totally unknown and screen layout may not be common so we can't help with a description of specific screens or procedures.
    you can find generic RS232 read / punch information if you search the forums.
    if you post some pics of some of your screens and softkey menus we may be able to help. I asked for this in post #6. if you don't comply with the requested info we can't help you.

the 300 APC alarm is common. you should search the forums and do some reading.
    here's an example
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...apc_alarm.html

More info

Thank you Fordav,

I read a few posts about the APC Alarm and I fixed it!
    Now back again to the CL2000:

I attached few photos taken from the control panel and some of the pages!
    Unlike other machines, when we go to PRGM page in CL2000, we do not have Read and Punch in soft keys! Please take a look at the phots and see if you can guide me! I will go on with searching the forums!

Thanks again for all the help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 Control panel.jpg   2 LCD closer Look.jpg   3 Program page.jpg   4 next soft key.jpg  

5 Look up.jpg   6 Setting.jpg  

Hmmm, that's a strange beast. The pics you took don't really help. The screen with the program numbers looks a lot like a Mitsubishi Meldas screen. On the Meldas controls the Input/Output is accessed via a button called DIAG IN/OUT on some controls or a SETUP menu on other controls.
    Try to find a page that has settings. Referring to the attached pic, it might be found via the OFFSET page then press menu right [>] to see more menu items?

It may even be available on the program list screen that you show (5 Lookup.jpg). Try typing a program number and you may get an item on the softkey menu that says "READ" or "PUNCH". Sometimes a softkey menu item only appears after you type something in the correct place. You may also need to press [>] to see the READ/PUNCH menu items.

If no luck there you just have to go through all of the menus and it will be there somewhere.
    The brown button on the far left will always take you to the main softkey menu. The brown button on the right will show more menu items. You need to select each of the hard keys (the green buttons on the panel) then press each of the soft keys then press menu right (the brown softkey on the right) and you will eventually find the input/output menu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Meldas600_Menu.jpg  

More pages

Hello Fordav,

Thanks for the advice! I searched through the pages and still couldn't find the read & punch keys! I actually knew I could use the >> soft key but as you reminded me I tried doing it in every menu.

I attached some more photos from menus containing input or out put! Does any of these look familiar!?

Thanks for you time again!
    Later
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1Network-Host.jpg   2Network-HostSet.jpg   3Network-HD DIR.jpg   4SYSTEM.jpg  

5SYSTEM-INPUT,OUTPUT-INPUT.jpg   6SYSTEM-INPUT,OUTPUT-OUTPUT.jpg   7SYSTEM-INPUT,OUTPUT-FILE.jpg   8SYSTEM-NC DIAG.jpg  

hahaharrrr!!!! jackpot!

it's just a Meldas 65L

The DATA INPUT / DATA OUTPUT screens is where you need to be. They are stock Meldas screens.

Select the OUTPUT screen.

In the first #() type 1. that means MAIN PROGRAM. If you want to output other things for example parameters, type 3.
    Then cursor > to the next item (On Meldas 500/600 you can't press INPUT because it will start outputting. On Fanuc you may be able to get it to jump to the next bracket with INPUT. Either way get the cursor to the next item.)

In the DATA bracket type your program number.
    So if you want to punch program 1234 on screen you should see
    # (1) DATA (1234)
    After that press INPUT to activate it. The Meldas equivalent button is INPUT/CALC

To punch all, in the #() bracket type 1, in the DATA bracket type (ALL)
    So...
    # (1) DATA (ALL)

This is pretty much straight from a Meldas 500/600 series manual and the instructions I have given you work for a Meldas control with Meldas panel and Meldas buttons. The Fanuc way may be slightly different to get it to work but it should be very close.

You will of course need to pre-configure your input/output devices (PORT and DEVICE) on the configuration screen and set up correct baud, parity, stop bits etc etc.

On the INPUT/ OUTPUT screens,
    To select the pre-configured PORT 1 type #(11) DATA (1)
    To select the pre-configured DEVICE 0 type #(12) DATA (0)

If you take pics of those configuration screens I can help you with that.

If you want to figure it out yourself read a Meldas manual for an explanation of all of the items/options and IN/OUT device setting up procedures. They are available on the net for free directly from Mitsubishi (www.meau.com)
    Go there, select Downloads then Manuals then do a search for CNC Controls then 60 Series. After the search completes you will be given a large list. Get Meldas 60/60S Series Operation Manual BNP-B2180 and Meldas 64/65 Series Supplemental Manual BNP-B2248

Note you must set your computer to a US region timezone or you will be re-directed to another (useless) Mitsubishi site.

If you have trouble getting the manuals I can email them to you if you send me a PM with your email address.

Thank you for all the help fordav!

Actually I didn't find the time to go to that machine up to now! but I down loaded the manuals and I will be going to try transferring data shortly.

Just wanted to say that all you did is truly appreciated.

I'll keep you informed!

Later...

Finally

Hey,

Thanks to you, I finally managed to transfer programs from PC to the machine and back! Everything seems to be OK now! hope it lasts!

Do you have any Idea where I can download OKUMA lathe operation manuals? specifically OKUMA OSP-U10L.

It seems to have a different operation panel and pages comparing to fanuc and mitsubishi!!

Thanks again!

Okuma is a bit different to the others but not by much. Okuma manuals are generally not available in pdf except the later OSP-P200 series. And not from any official Okuma site. You may find a P200 manual on the net if you google for it. Most of the ways things are done on Okuma controls are the same across the range. It's fairly easy to figure out just playing with the controls. If you need specific info just ask (in the Okuma forum)

Mill toolchanger

Hello Fordav,

How have you been lately?

I have a new task here. I didn't know in which forum I should ask my question!

My task is to overhaul the tool changer of a Yang Vertical Mill #Eagle 600. I repaired the mechanical parts and replaced the proximity sensors and the spoiled inverter and the whole pneumatic system! Now I can manually rotate the tail stock from the side of the machine!
    How to address different tools on the tail stock I don't know!
    I started with a simple program including M6 T# and wright after this line the machine goes on Alarm. and the red light with ATC tag goes on on the panel! Can you help me with this or do you have any idea who will be able to do it?

Thanks and have a nice day!

Page 1 of 2 12