587,513 active members*
3,317 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > lost Parameters LC3015Bii faunc 16l

lost Parameters LC3015Bii faunc 16l

Hello all.
    We have lost all parameters for this machine and have been trying to set the parameters thru mdi to activate the serial port and then to be able to upload a set of parameters from a later machine. Can only hope these parameters will work or come close.
    Can anybody shed some light on the correct output (0-3) for the serial port and details for the fanuc 16L.
    Also would anyone have a set of parameters for this machine as details are below.

Faunc 16L Controller
    LCD / MDI Unit
    Type: A02B-0200-C061/MB
    No: N01092 1998-04
    Amada laser Mod: LCV 3015 B2 3.0 kw 1998-9

Any help is much appreciated.
    fryertuk

Quote Originally Posted by fryertuk View Post
    Hello all.
    We have lost all parameters for this machine and have been trying to set the parameters thru mdi to activate the serial port and then to be able to upload a set of parameters from a later machine. Can only hope these parameters will work or come close.
    Can anybody shed some light on the correct output (0-3) for the serial port and details for the fanuc 16L.
    Also would anyone have a set of parameters for this machine as details are below.

Faunc 16L Controller
    LCD / MDI Unit
    Type: A02B-0200-C061/MB
    No: N01092 1998-04
    Amada laser Mod: LCV 3015 B2 3.0 kw 1998-9

Any help is much appreciated.
    fryertuk

Set the following parameters to enable comms via RS232

#0020 =0 (I/O Channel =0)
    Bit 1 = 0
    Bit 0 = 1
    Bit 3 = 0(ISO)
    Bit 7 = 1(No feed)
    #0102 = 0 (RS-232C) (Use Control Codes DC1 to DC4)
    #0103 = 11 (9600 Baud rate - Starting Point)

Regards,

Bill

Thanks bill will try today and let you know.

Thanks for your advise bill. Using your setting and same on PC still no serial link. When trying lsk would only flash and would not accept input.
    Could not get any sense from floppy either.
    Entered parameter list from 3015 b3 all by hand. Took 3 hours and machine is back to life sort of.
    All cut conditions, material list and edge data not there.
    A lot of the parameters from the later machine have 5 sud parameters but our machine only has 3 in all cases.
    Do you know if the cut cond,mat list and other data is able to be uploaded.
    Thanks
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by fryertuk View Post
    Thanks for your advise bill. Using your setting and same on PC still no serial link. When trying lsk would only flash and would not accept input.
    Could not get any sense from floppy either.
    Entered parameter list from 3015 b3 all by hand. Took 3 hours and machine is back to life sort of.
    All cut conditions, material list and edge data not there.
    A lot of the parameters from the later machine have 5 sud parameters but our machine only has 3 in all cases.
    Do you know if the cut cond,mat list and other data is able to be uploaded.
    Thanks
    Doug
    Hi Doug,
    I didn't make any mention of the cable configuration as I assumed that you must have had successful communication with the machine prior to losing the parameters. What cable pin out are you using?

With the parameter setting listed in my previous Post, and if using a Loopback Null Modem cable, comms should have worked straight up unless there is a problem with either the control or the Serial Port of the PC. Have you since been able to establish communication with the control now that the majority of the parameters have been reestablished?

When you refer to "cut cond,mat list and other data", I assume that the control is equipped with the Fanuc Fapt or C.A.P. option. If this is the case, then yes this data can be uploaded.

Regards,

Bi;;

Hello Bill,
    Thank you for your time and effort, i appreciate very much. I have not been able to reply as i have been out of action for the past three weeks.
    The parameters that we installed manually where for a later and smaller machine type and where not correct as in axis sizing and amount of axises and 2 other parems needed for seriel comms. Your comms parameters were spot on.
    We ended up asking the person that setup the machine originally for the parameters as he was asked originally to download and leave us with a copy of the parameters, but did not and would not supply them to us. After much drama and dollars he reinstalled our original parameters that he had downloaded from the machine at the time of original setup.
    This was done while i was away, so was not able to watch and learn.
    After digging around the computer attached to the faunc controller, i found a .ncc file that had been deleted on the date that the parems where uploaded to the machine and matched the seriel port transmission report.
    All Good.
    Now i would like to download the parems from the controller and compare the .ncc file found to the parems on the controller.
    Would you be able to advise me on how to download parems from controller to computer. We are using a serial comms product called SharkCode. What would you use. Should we use windows Terminal or another.
    Maybe later i can work out how to downlad and upload the Cut Conditions etc.
    Many thanks
    Doug