587,125 active members*
3,431 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

vf3 ss pallet changer

Hello

This is my first post on here and have a question for you guys. We have a 2010 vf3ss pallet machine and last Friday got a low air presure alarm in the middle of a pallet change. We got by that and run several cycles of the part prog. with out issue. Next thing we knew was we had an alarm, alarm #180 pallet\fixture not clamped?

We got the alarm cleared and tried to run the machine and get the same alarm. I went in to mdi and punched in m17 to unclamp the pallet and that works and then punched in m18 and the pallet looks like it clamps and the door shuts but get the same alarm. Tried m50 to do a pallet change and the machine will shuttle the pallet out but bring it right back out and give alarm #633 apc-clamp error

I have a call in to haas but they will not be out until this coming Thursday and of course I have everybody and thier brother wanting parts. The part that's on the machine can not be moved off because we are probing each load and this is the only machine we have that can probe.

Just wondring if anyone of you have had this issue and what did you do to get past it/fix it?

Thanks

Check in the diagnostics page to see if the pallet clamp switch is showing clamped or not and see if it toggles using M17/M18. If it is not showing clamped, run M17 (unclamp) and make certain that the locating pins are lined up. Sometimes the pallet will bounce back towards the pallet changer and not be in the correct position. Also, check to make sure chips are not in the locating hole for the pin. If you blow chips while changing pallets, this can happen.

While you have the pallet unclamped, check to see if you can toggle the clamp/unclamp switch manually. I believe it is at the front right side of receiver. If it does not toggle manually, check the wiring for the switch as it may have gotten damaged.

Hope this helps.

Thanks I will check that out. again thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    Check in the diagnostics page to see if the pallet clamp switch is showing clamped or not and see if it toggles using M17/M18. If it is not showing clamped, run M17 (unclamp) and make certain that the locating pins are lined up. Sometimes the pallet will bounce back towards the pallet changer and not be in the correct position. Also, check to make sure chips are not in the locating hole for the pin. If you blow chips while changing pallets, this can happen.

While you have the pallet unclamped, check to see if you can toggle the clamp/unclamp switch manually. I believe it is at the front right side of receiver. If it does not toggle manually, check the wiring for the switch as it may have gotten damaged.

Hope this helps.