587,558 active members*
3,737 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cadkey 2011 released!

Ok, so it’s called KeyCreator now. It looks pretty good so far using it on the latest mold we designed. Extremely powerful. Makes the old Cadkey look like a cheap suit. Check out the videos here:
    KeyCreator 2011

Any other users here?

It looks interesting how much does it cost?

Not 100% sure but I think about 3K. We've been paying about $900 a year on maintenance for longer than I can remember. Well worth it though. They recently did away with their regional sales reps and all sales in the USA and Canada are done through the main office.

Quote Originally Posted by moldcore View Post
    Not 100% sure but I think about 3K. We've been paying about $900 a year on maintenance for longer than I can remember. Well worth it though. They recently did away with their regional sales reps and all sales in the USA and Canada are done through the main office.
    I hope the cam companies will follow this model. Dealers are a nightmare.

John

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigJW View Post
    I hope the cam companies will follow this model. Dealers are a nightmare.

John
    I agree, but sometimes it’s nice to have a real person to talk to and not have to wait for hours to get an answer. We also have Surfcam and for the life of me can’t figure that company out. They have no way of getting feedback from customers other than through the dealer, but if you let your maintenance expire like we have, they won’t talk to you without charging fees. They don’t have a company run forum for comments and suggestions like others do, so the software has stagnated and has become outdated. KeyCreator does have forum and is supposed to have live chat set up for those quick questions. So maybe they will do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by moldcore View Post
    I agree, but sometimes it’s nice to have a real person to talk to and not have to wait for hours to get an answer. We also have Surfcam and for the life of me can’t figure that company out. They have no way of getting feedback from customers other than through the dealer, but if you let your maintenance expire like we have, they won’t talk to you without charging fees. They don’t have a company run forum for comments and suggestions like others do, so the software has stagnated and has become outdated. KeyCreator does have forum and is supposed to have live chat set up for those quick questions. So maybe they will do it right.
    Hi I saw your note and couldn't resist making a comment.

Kubotek USA responds quickly via phone, email or live chat. We actually had a significant portion of the customers as direct customers prior to the change.

We have also added some staff to handle additional support needs. We even hired a long-long term CADKEY VAR - who actually started with the original company many years ago.

Ssweeney, sounds great. Our former VAR was great, I hope you find a roll for him as well. That man was brilliant and gave excellent Webinars each month.
    I’d like to see KeyCreator promoted more than what it currently is. An AD here on this site and Practical Machinists, two of the more popular websites around, would go a long way in getting the word out. It used to be that you could mention Cadkey and people would know what you where talking about, sadly, that generation has past and now no one knows what KeyCreator is. As I troll these sites over the years looking for ideas and lending my help when possible, I can’t help but notice the lack of knowledge about KC. Everyone on these sites seems to have heard about Alibre, SpaceClaim, Solid Works, Solid Edge, and many others. You can have the greatest product in the world but if you don’t advertise… well you know what you know I mean.