587,480 active members*
3,277 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

What can i do with this Laser?

Hello

I'm French and new on this forum, i live in Limoges the french ceramic capital.

A month ago a very good "Samaritan" give me an ELS-03 a Belarus Laser CNC sub surface glass engraving machine, with computer and 3D scanner.

The engraver work with a Nd:Yag pulsed laser at 100 Hz, 75 mj per shot 1st frequency is 1064 nm and 532 nm after doubling.
    The LASER is fixe, only the focusing group on Z axis and the XY table move (Isel components) with a good accuracy.

I have some questions for you, in France and in Europe engraved crystal blocks are a little bit out and "kitsch" Chinese have better prices.

1) What can i do with it ? dismantle it in two parts the LASER and the electro-mechanic, and use the mechanical parts to do a CNC miller ?

2) Or use it for, stereolithography (Fq 532 nm ?), metal powder or ceramics sintering ?

3) I'm able to modify the mechanical parts but not the LASER (may be removing the KDP crystal) to work at 1064 nm but not sure.

4) My first idea was to use it for ceramic sintering, is it crazy?

5) Use it with students and do a genius project (but there is no genius project for the moment) ?

In attached files the manual and the Laser.

I will be very happy to read idea.

Best regards

Gilles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6329.jpg   IMG_6333.jpg   IMG_6334.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

What can i do with this Laser?

You could always sell it to me for the price of a Chinese imported CO2 laser system

Seriously though, that is a wonderful machine you have there, use it for what it is, don't dismantle it for the parts. What I would not do for a machine like that doesn't bear thinking about.

Tweakie.
    CNC is only limited by our imagination.

Wow I wish I had some good Samaritan around here who would give me a laser system. I had to buy mine.

Send message to manufacturer. There was one of the best laser developers/manufacturers in former USSR with many patents and still they produce and export a lot of equipment. Do not expect quick responce, but when you will have it - you will find all answers.