587,395 active members*
3,722 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

V4 to V5 upgrade

I have a copy of full, registered 4.0 VM which I love. However, I've lost the reciepts. I'm considering upgrading to 5.0. Does MecSoft maintain a list of registered customers so that when I do the upgrade, I get the special price?

Those who've gone from 4.0 to 5.0, is it worth it? Thanks!!

Swede

I definately feel 5 was worth the upgrade.
    6 will be out soon and it REALLY sounds good.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

what's new in visual mill 6? i posted a question about that some months back never got a reply haha

A quote from MecSoft

"As far as enhancements are concerned for VM 6.0, all of them are user requested. There are some UI enhancements, such as multiple viewports and a new faster display engine. CAD enhancements will include Dimensioning, rudimentary solids creation, more curve creation utilities. CAM, 4th axis will include additional methods. 3 axis will include new re-machining methods. Drilling enhancements will include 3D model analysis. The biggest change will be the ability to select surfaces for machining. And of course we will have a VisualTurn product to release around the same time."

I am anxiously waiting.

PS. MecSoft has its own forum where specific questions directly related VisualMill are usually answered/discussed quite quickly.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

awwww cool new 4axis methods

Thanks DareBee

I upgraded from 4 to 5 , and I think it was worth it . I didn't need to produce a reciept . You have to use your old dongle and email mecsoft for new site codes to run the new version . I wrote down the old ones , because if you want to switch back to V4 ( during the learning curve )you have to re- enter the old codes

Angry VisualMill upgrade

My visual mill was loaded with bugs. It took a long time for mecsoft to correct problems. It is still not fixed. If yours is working leave it alone. The upgrade added more bugs and in addition, my 4th axis does not work correctly.

I would not advise an upgrade.