587,167 active members*
3,647 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Issue with Heidenhain TNC 135 control

Hi guys,

I've got a 1981 Maho MH 600p with Heidenhain TNC 135 control. I've checked all functions of the control and everything seems to work fine except for when making a "tool call".

When the program gets up to the tool call block, it just pauses there indefinitely ..
    The control doesn't freeze up though, and i can exit the program run by hitting the external interrupt button, followed by the stop button on the control itself.

I've read through the operation and installation manuals thoroughly and cant seem to find anything wrong with any of the I/O board connections, though i could be wrong.

Just hoping someone here might have some experience with this control (and possibly a similar problem)?
    Also if someone could tell me the procedure they use for making a tool call/cycle call; i cant help but think I'm not doing it correctly.

Thanks guys,

Aaron.

Re: Issue with Heidenhain TNC 135 control

Do you program a Tool Set before the tool call?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, i have been.
    The procedure i have tried is as follows: tool set (define tool #1) > stop > tool call (call tool #1) > cycle def > cycle call etc.
    But the program just pauses at the tool call block

Would anyone by any chance have the circuit diagram for this control ?

Re: Issue with Heidenhain TNC 135 control

You program a "stop" just before the tool call, This stop is because you have to change the tool here by hand, as the machine doesn't have a toolchanger, unless you have a Maho 600E.
    Try to program M06 behind the stop, and try, probaply you have to unclamp and clamp the tool, after this pres cycle start.
    Perhaps this link is usefull:
    TNC 135

I've tried the exact procedure set out in the operation manual but still it pauses on the tool call.
    Reading through the interface manual, the only thing that may halt the tool change is if it is waiting for an M, T or S function to be completed. It waits for the " auxiliary function completed" terminal to be provided with a +24v impulse. In my case that terminal receives a constant +24v feed which negates all M, T and S functions. I've checked if that input is functioning properly and it is, so that can be ruled out.

I'm thinking that maybe the program data is partially corrupted?