587,345 active members*
3,469 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New Mach2/3/4 forum

I have started a new Mach 2/3/4 forum.

It is not competition to here, but more as an alternative for the yahoo forum members.

It is in experimental stage.

I have tried to break it down into smaller catagories so as to make searching for relivant answers easier.

It is my hope that the new forum will have a new domain name more relivant to Mach2.

See here www.routec.com.au
    Being outside the square !!!

Good luck.

Are you able to get art to show up? without hem it will be hard.....

He was one of the first to join and make a post

very cool maybe we can get hem to move away from yahoo forum im there for sure

Quote Originally Posted by sendkeys
    very cool maybe we can get hem to move away from yahoo forum im there for sure
    My intention is not to get anyone to move or do anything they dont want to do. I just want to try to set up a easier to search site for some of the regularly asked questions.

ya, searching blahoo message boards is almost as bad as taking a stray bullet. Although I don't think the bullet hurts as much!
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Quote Originally Posted by ynneb
    My intention is not to get anyone to move or do anything they dont want to do. I just want to try to set up a easier to search site for some of the regularly asked questions.

Hehe i know yours aren't but mine are :P I really dislike the yahoo sytle forum. Yahoo search is useless, for sure.

Im not saying yahoo forums dont have there place but the forum over there is getting 100-200 posts a day and it's very hard to keep up.It must be heck for people on slow modems to have to move page to page like that. I find myself skipping alot of stuff or just never seeing it to start off with.

Anyway Here hoping this forum works out

Quote Originally Posted by sendkeys
    .It must be heck for people on slow modems to have to move page to page like that. I find myself skipping alot of stuff or just never seeing it to start off with.

Anyway Here hoping this forum works out
    Most people there get the posts emailed to them. Set up your email program to put them in their own folder, and you can quickly read the ones you want, and delete the ones you don't want to read. Much faster than reading them online.

As for searching, a program called PG Offline let's you download all the messages and search them. Unfortunately, it no longer works correctly due to Yahoo's recent changes.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

So far 69 members in 48 hours.
    22 topics, 46 posts. But the forum still looks rather bare
    I am having troubles working out this PHP stuff, its not the same as HTML and just using a wyswyg editor.
    I know the link for a daily posts button, but cant work out how to insert it in the code
    http://www.routec.com.au./SSI.php?ss...on=recentPosts ( works only for members )

I have added heaps of catagories. Hopefully this should be enough to cover all possible posts. I am very hesitant to add any more.

I have had a little resistance from some of the yahoo members but on the whole iv had more encouraging posts, emails, and pms than negative ones.