587,490 active members*
7,406 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: ALARM e0007

ALARM e0007

FRIENDS,

IN ONE OF OUR CINCINATTI 2100 MACHINE WHEN WE SWITCH ON DURING THE BOOTING PROCESS WE ARE GETTING THE ALARM e0007 one of the driver is missing. LOOKS LIKE THE PENDANT IS NOT RECOGNISED AND THE CORSPONDING DATA IS MISSING.

WE ARE NEW TO THIS CONTROLLER ANY HELP PL.

THANKS,

CHANDRU

I've had a similar alarm on our Arrow 1000 lately, but I don't recall it being alarm e0007 though. I'm not at work right now to check which alarm I'm getting, but it sounds functionally the same as your problem.

MAG support tells me they think it is the pendant (over $3000 !!!), and it seems to me like it might that or the harddrive (not loading correct revision of software or all of the drivers correctly maybe). I've been able to get it started completely by re-running the start-up diagnostics several times until it comes up correctly.

I'll check out my notes in the morning when I get to work and let you know what my machine is showing.

Regards,
    John B

THANKS JOHN

THANKS JOHN EAGERLY WAITING FOR YOUR HELP.

CHANDRU

Chandru,

The alarm I get is 17-28 "Unable to map pendant panel" and the message lists a dll file that was not found supposedly.

What has worked is going into the More menu, then Diagnostics, and then running the start-up diagnostics again. This will shutdown the Mustang software and reload it and after several tries the machine has come up as it should. I have been told by MAG Maint. Tech. that the communications chip in the pendant is the issue, it's about 1" square and is in a brown socket on the back board inside the pendant. A couple of times it has helped to press on this chip to flex the contacts then the machine would come up, although this is not always helpful.

MAG still says I must replace the pendant.

Rgds,
    John

pendant

hello Chandru , i don't recognise the e0007 alarm so more information is needed. does the control boot to the diagnostics page? if the pendant is not seen this will be reported as missing on the diagnostic screen. please be more specific.
    regards
    mallardfizz

Quote Originally Posted by mallardfizz View Post
    if the pendant is not seen this will be reported as missing on the diagnostic screen.
    One would think this to be the case, but in my machine's case it's not. Mine will boot showing the diagnostic passed, then show the alarm 17-28, then continue to boot completely. If you look at the diagnostic report afterward the pendant shows to be present and diagnostics passed even though the pendant won't work (it does have power and the firmware on the pendant is working as seen by display on pendant). Seems odd to me!

I can tell when my machine isn't going to boot correct when it's loading. If the Quick Load icon is not shown when loading the modules, then it won't find the pendant and will throw the alarm. If the Quick Load icon is displayed - it will come up fine with pendant functioning normally. This is what makes me think it may be the harddrive on my machine.

Rgds,
    John

I am having the same problem, we had a power surge and now i am seeing the same problem you are. if you get any new info please post it. thanks and of course i will do the same.

Okay thank you, i did as you said and opened the back of the pendant and pressed the chip. rebooted and sure enough works great. Thank you CNC Zone.com. awesome.

Glad that worked for you. I don't have any answers on this problem still, I've just left the machine powered on for as long as possible (it's been on for about 2 months now).

With the cost of some other repairs I've had to do lately on that machine, I don't think I'll be pulling the trigger on replacing the pendant for a while.

Rgds,
    John B