587,852 active members*
3,840 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

GOLD AND SILVER

we r in to manufacturing gold and silver coins ,at present we r brushing our gold a silver blanks with plastic brush and a solution of liquid oil,we r not getting a good surface finish,i have heard that people are using a diffrent method to polish coins to mirror finish,can any one help me to achive this finish

There are several options to polish gold and silver.

I would first polish the blanks with a polishing media in an vibratory machine. The media is either a solid porcelin media run with a good compound in a wet application or a dry process using corn cob treated with rouge.

Depending on the quantity of coins that you want to run you can either use a small table top machine all the way up to a machine as large as a room. The important thing is to not cut corners or you will not achieve the optimum results.

Depending on where you are located there should be a distributor in your area that can help or in some cases the manufacturer will help you run some test pieces for you and give you the process sheet that will show you how they ran it, in what media, and for how long.

Let me know if you need any help finding someone because I use to be in that business.

Quote Originally Posted by wedwards75 View Post

I would first polish the blanks with a polishing media in an vibratory machine. The media is either a solid porcelin media run with a good compound in a wet application or a dry process using corn cob treated with rouge.

Depending on the quantity of coins that you want to run you can either use a small table top machine all the way up to a machine as large as a room. The important thing is to not cut corners or you will not achieve the optimum results.

Depending on where you are located there should be a distributor in your area that can help or in some cases the manufacturer will help you run some test pieces for you and give you the process sheet that will show you how they ran it, in what media, and for how long.

Let me know if you need any help finding someone because I use to be in that business.
    YES I NEED HELP ,I AM FROM INDIA WE GET ORDERS FROM ALOT OF JEWELLERS FOR COINING WE GET ORDERS IN THE MORNING AND WE NEED TO FINISH THE ORDER BY 6PM WHICH IS THE FASTEST WAY TO POLISH THE COINS WHAT KIND OF VIBERATER DO IN NEED WHAT KIND OF POLISHING MEDIA DO I NEED TO GET A GOOD AND A FAST POLISH ON THE COIN IF YOU HAVE ANY KIND OF PHOTOS OR VIDEO IT WOULD BE OF GOOD HELP
    I WANT THE GET THE SWISS GOLD FINISH ON MY COINS
    CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH IS THE BEST PROCESS TO GET A BEAUTIFUL COIN,RIGHT FROM MELTING TO PRINTING
    MELTING, MOULD,ROLLING , STRIP MAKING ,BLANKING DIE, ANNELING , DIE POLISHING AND PRINTING PRESS,PRINTING DIE,
    WHICH IS THE BEST MATERIAL TO USE FOR MAKING A PRINTING DIE WHAT IS THE HARDNESS REQ FOR IT (VACCUM HARDNESS OR OIL HARDNESS)AND HOW YOU ENGRAVE ON IT (PENTOGRAPH,CNC OR LAZER)PHOTOS OR VIDEO WILL BE OF GREAT HELP

I cant really advise on the material on the die. Do you currently use a vibratory finisher? If not do you have a budget set aside to make these changes and how many of these coins would you run at a time?

I cant really advise on the material on the die. Do you currently use a vibratory finisher? If not do you have a budget set aside to make these changes and how many of these coins would you run at a time?
    we make silver coins (999%) right from 19mm dia to 60mm dia
    gold coins(916%,999%.995%) from 10mm dia to 60mm dia
    the batch goes from 250grms to 5000kg aday 8hrs of working(9 to 6)minimum ,right from melting ,rolling ,blanking,polishing ,printing and dispatch
    g0ld coin 1g,2g4g,5g,8g,10g,20g,25g,31.14g,50g,100g
    silver coin 5g,10g,20g,25g,50g,100g
    the main thing is our turn around time should be fast
    budget is not a problem can invest 500$ to 2500$ but the main thing is it should solve my finishing problem
    i will upload few photos of our process soon

What kind of polishing media you would suggest and what kind of machine is good for polishing gold and silver coins