587,913 active members*
3,592 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc ß1/3000 AC Servo Motor Cross Ref

Fanuc ß1/3000 AC Servo Motor Cross Ref

Hi All,

I'm in need of some help regarding a Fanuc ß1/3000 AC servo motor. Control is Fanuc Power Mate E.

Some background:

The servo is controlling the B axis (linear parallel to Z axis on CNC lathe) on a Wasino gantry loader. The axis throws a 401 & 414 error when I use the jog button to zero the axis at 25% or greater. No alarm at 400 mm/min setting. I can also hand jog it at 25% as quickly as I can rotate the feed wheel. When I go to 50% it throws the code. There are LEDs on the control and it shows HC lit, which I'm pretty sure is High current. I can also make it trip by trying to push the axis off position, but I have to push pretty hard. Without power, the axis seems to move pretty easily. It's a belt drive axis without leadscrews BTW.

Done so far:

Reinserted all cables on motion control & Motor.

Checked parameters with parameter sheet.

Checked servo parameters with fanuc recommendations in ß servo manual.

Checked servo supply voltage.

Will try today:

Check servo supply voltage drop when moving axis.

The documentation for this control is nearly impossible to find. I've managed to get bits and pieces of info from various other manuals though. I think it is either drawing too much current or the servo amp is tripping early.

I'm thinking the motor may be just done. I've found a used one. but the numbers are a little different. The one on the machine currently is A06B-0031-B575? The one I have found is A06B-0031-B075#0008. Does anyone know if these are compatible? Can I swap components from 1 to the other to make them compatible?

I would appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thank you,

Roger

I think you will find that the B575 and B075 difference is one is a taper shaft the other straight, the encoders should be the same.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks for the quick reply Al. Do you think it is possible to switch shafts of the 2 motors?

Roger

It is possible, I have never tried it, you would have to be carefull withdrawing the rotor as the P.M. shatter easily and as soon as the shaft is clear of the bearing it will jump forcefully to the stator.
    Al.

Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    It is possible, I have never tried it, you would have to be carefull withdrawing the rotor as the P.M. shatter easily and as soon as the shaft is clear of the bearing it will jump forcefully to the stator.
    Al.
    I could probably fixture the motor and use a mill to withdraw the rotor. That's how we assemble PM motors here. I think it would work to disassemble them too. Do you know how the encoder is attached? Hopefully it's not bonded.

Thanks for your help Al.

Roger

The encoder is normally on a keyed shaft and has a 5mm? Allen head screw down the centre, they need a little coaxing to remove but be carefull as they have a glass disc inside.
    On reassembly, the key aligns the encoder but there is about 3 or 4 degrees of play which you may have to touch up when you fire the motor up.
    Al.

Albert E.

Update:

Measured the phase resistance with the following results: 3.4, 3.3, 3.8 . Looks like there may be a problem there. No connection to housing or ground using VOM.

Need the spec for the motor. Does Fanuc offer that info? Edit: Answer my own question No.

Thanks,

Roger

I was just about to add the same, it seems a bit high for Fanuc motor windings, mine run around 0.3ohms but it is unusual for them to go high, the one I have are around 5.9Nm.
    Al.

Albert E.