A lurker and newbie here, but one with 25+ years as a box plant Maintenance Machinist/Electrician. YES,,, both trades, turn a shaft cut a keyway, hunt for the short that blew the fuse or the open that won't let it run,,,,,gotta' run, gotta' run, gotta' run, run, run (set to The Lone Ranger). Been drooling over the PCNC770 and, in particular, the UMC10, but can't possibly see spending anywhere close to that much coin. I can't be the only one in the boat, but I find very few links to UMC10 DIY's. Anyway,,, I have in my parts collection, HSR25 rails/blocks for the X&Y and SGR35 rails/blocks for the Z, all new and all with C1 (light) preload. A 6"x19" CI table which will have mounted to it 5/8"x1"x24" ground stock for X rail mounts. With saddle and head adapter plates in place, approx. travels are X=14, Y=10 and Z=16, rail spacing C/C is X= 5.375", Y=7", Z=7" I WILL spring for a PCNC770 head/spindle/motor assy. ,,, why,,, well,,, just because, and I'm already using their TTS on my Chinese mini Bridgeport. I wish to use 1"x5" P&O A36 for the sides of the base and column, spaced 7" C/C for the Y/Z rail mounts. Now the problem, what to add between the sides to deal with the possible lack of rigidity (30" long base and same height column) or the dreaded "lolly on a stick". I will follow Fadal/Fadec's lead and bolt the column to the base using plates (1/2" thick ?). I have a copy of "Design of Weldments", but understanding design (and the math) is the reason I'm in maintenance and not engineering. I do have some thoughts on how to go about this, but very little confidence to go with it.. Dan