587,930 active members*
4,105 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Our Taig's big brother arrived today!

Our Taig's big brother arrived today!

Somewhat off topic, but my friend and I have been using a Taig mill in our shop since early 2005 to make some products we market to Ford Mustang owners. This machine arrived today, and has us pretty excited. The Taig will keep its spot in the shop, but it's pretty exciting to think of what can be done now.

First thought was "wow, that's big". I thought this stool in the shop provided an interesting perspective:

One thing is certain, the Taig has earned its keep. I'd recommend it to anyone on the fence about it.

Alan

That's kind of an understatement!!!!
    Congradulations!!!
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron111 View Post

That's kind of an understatement!!!!
    Congradulations!!!
    Ron
    Thanks Ron. The Taig has been a great tool for us, making many nice parts and teaching us volumes.

The new one will take some getting used to, that's for sure.

Well,
    Everybodys jealous including my self!! When you fire up that puppy, do you dim the lights?? Well have you played with it yet and made your first sample cut? Post some pic's. Now it's time to be honest and tell the truth, did you sleep in the garage last night? HaHa!!

Enjoy the new puppy and most of all post PICs.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron111 View Post
    Well,
    Everybodys jealous including my self!! When you fire up that puppy, do you dim the lights?? Well have you played with it yet and made your first sample cut? Post some pic's. Now it's time to be honest and tell the truth, did you sleep in the garage last night? HaHa!!

Enjoy the new puppy and most of all post PICs.

Ron
    Haha, no the lights don't dim. I'm very lucky to have this shop in a commercial building, so 3 phase power was available. Throwing the ON switch is kind of exciting, admittedly.

Played with it tonight, loading some programs and cutting air. When I got home, my Tormach quick change setup was on the porch, so we'll be able to hold a tool and cut some parts this weekend.

Pics won't be a problem. I haven't posted much on cnczone, but I can be considered a "pic whore" on the Mustang forums. Video is even better than pics, so here's a video of our Taig doing a little work (to at least make this post somewhat on topic for the subforum):

http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/i/Gal...0Panels%20.wmv

I'll be honest, sure! I didn't sleep at the shop, but I did go back for at least three "last looks" before I locked up for the night. LOL

Alan