587,905 active members*
3,455 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > TF-15 parameters / manuals / software

TF-15 parameters / manuals / software

Hi. I'm about to pick up a TF-15 that has a blown up spindle drive. I'm not too worried about the repair (not my first machine I acquired with a blown up drive - I know how to repair them myself - if anything, I'm more worried about the previous repair attempt that looks about as good as dog throw up)

What I'm unsure about yet is if the machine has manuals. Hitachi Seiki manuals don't seem very available online. I'm also concerned about parameters, and "Yu Yu" software needed to load them I've read about?
    And any "secret sauce" button combinations needed to get to hidden areas of the controls to change parameters. I'm pretty familiar with Mitsubishi controls on my other machine, and there are definitely at least two "secret sauce" button press incantations needed to be able to get to all of the parameters, including the hidden ones.

Actually I just heard that it has some manuals, including the wiring diagram, which is great, but online I see there's also a parts breakdown manual, which I'm not sure comes with it - does anyone have that?

I see shas595 seems to be the Hitachi Seiki expert here! Just knowing there's someone to answer questions when really in a jam is a very good thing!

Re: TF-15 parameters / manuals / software

Hello!
    Great machine, I’m a fan of the TF series.?
    What control do you have? If you Google sigma repair Hitachi you’ll find my website, send me an email with your contact number and I can give you a call to get you up to speed

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a Seicos L3-A control - so it's Fanuc based, with NEC drives for the spindle and one of the axes. I guess the other axis is driven from the one servo amp integrated with the Fanuc controller from what I can gather from the pictures I took. I believe it's based on a Fanuc Powermate E series control??

I don't actually have the machine yet - I've seen pictures, and I went to look at it in person last weekend. It will be a few weeks before I can get it moved into my space (once I make space for it)

I'll send you an email sometime next week and we can chat.

Quote Originally Posted by hwgasdfasdf View Post
    It's a Seicos L3-A control - so it's Fanuc based, with NEC drives for the spindle and one of the axes. I guess the other axis is driven from the one servo amp integrated with the Fanuc controller from what I can gather from the pictures I took. I believe it's based on a Fanuc Powermate E series control??

I don't actually have the machine yet - I've seen pictures, and I went to look at it in person last weekend. It will be a few weeks before I can get it moved into my space (once I make space for it)

I'll send you an email sometime next week and we can chat.
    Ok! So the Seicos III control was actually made by Hitachi SEIKI. It’s Fanuc compatible as far as programming is concerned but it’s their own software / hardware. Normally the Spindle Drive would be a Mitsubishi FR-SF Freqrol and the axis were NEC ADU series drives, but it’s possible to have another configuration. Keep me posted!

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shas595 View Post
    Normally the Spindle Drive would be a Mitsubishi FR-SF Freqrol and the axis were NEC ADU series drives, but it’s possible to have another configuration. Keep me posted!
    I WISH it was a FR-SF - that's what's on my mill and I'm very familiar with repairing those now - I repaired mine, and I've repaired a couple for other people locally as well

This has a NEC ADU 75FP 1I for a spindle drive, and a NEC something else for the other axis - I didn't take a close picture of it where the model number is visible - there's a wire in the way right after "ADU".

It's interesting that the ADU 75FP uses Mitsubishi M57918-02 hybrids to drive the switching elements, and the datasheet says they are MOSFET drivers, not IGBT drivers... which seems odd / interesting (or maybe not considering the input of an IGBT is actually a mosfet). I took pictures of the back part of the drive too, but the power modules part numbers aren't visible - so I'm not sure if they're mosfets or igbts, but I have a feeling that one of them shorted, and it took out part of the driver circuit as well.

I'm not sure if the hybrids are ok or not at this point, but what I think are current sense resistors between the hybrid and the gate look like they were obliterated (and very sloppily replaced with normal round 1/2 or 1W resistors, bodge wires, extra holes drilled in the board, and hot glue), so I wouldn't be surprised if the hybrids are toast too. Originally the resistors seem to be some kind of film resistors - they're flat and skinny. Haven't really seen resistors like that, but I'm sure trolling through digikey or mouser, I could figure out what they were originally. There's all the non-blown-up drive channels to compare it to!

Good to see you know your stuff! We will get it sorted out, just reach out when you have it on site and powered up and we can work through the issues one at a time. Ill reach out to a friend that has droves of manuals and see what he can come up with for you

John - Sigma Repair

Quote Originally Posted by hwgasdfasdf View Post
    I WISH it was a FR-SF - that's what's on my mill and I'm very familiar with repairing those now - I repaired mine, and I've repaired a couple for other people locally as well

This has a NEC ADU 75FP 1I for a spindle drive, and a NEC something else for the other axis - I didn't take a close picture of it where the model number is visible - there's a wire in the way right after "ADU".

It's interesting that the ADU 75FP uses Mitsubishi M57918-02 hybrids to drive the switching elements, and the datasheet says they are MOSFET drivers, not IGBT drivers... which seems odd / interesting (or maybe not considering the input of an IGBT is actually a mosfet). I took pictures of the back part of the drive too, but the power modules part numbers aren't visible - so I'm not sure if they're mosfets or igbts, but I have a feeling that one of them shorted, and it took out part of the driver circuit as well.

I'm not sure if the hybrids are ok or not at this point, but what I think are current sense resistors between the hybrid and the gate look like they were obliterated (and very sloppily replaced with normal round 1/2 or 1W resistors, bodge wires, extra holes drilled in the board, and hot glue), so I wouldn't be surprised if the hybrids are toast too. Originally the resistors seem to be some kind of film resistors - they're flat and skinny. Haven't really seen resistors like that, but I'm sure trolling through digikey or mouser, I could figure out what they were originally. There's all the non-blown-up drive channels to compare it to!