587,189 active members*
2,709 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Documenting machining process in MC

Documenting machining process in MC

Hi,

Our shop uses MC for which have over 2000 parts programmed.

Some of the parts are faily simple so looking at the part in MC is self explanatory. Others are more complicated, special setups, special tools, jigs, notes, etc...

My "old" (left us for something else) used to remember everything. My new guys (been with us for over 1 year) seems to have no memory when it comes to these things.

He might have to redo a "complicated" part 3 weeks later and will asks me questions about how to make it, not remembering what he did last time.

I'm not familiar with MC so perhaps this is a built in feature but how do you guys keep notes related to parts machining ?

Is this done within MC, or with something like a Word file ? Problem I see with a word file is that he might not remember he actually has a file to look at

Thanks for your help and feedback,

Pharkas

Smile

Unless your a garage shop you should start filing setup folders for each machining operation. Setup and tooling documents can be generated from word and visual Mastercam dwg files can be incorporated. In MC draw a setup pic, change colors to white, print screen, open microsoft paint, control v (paste), image dropdown, invert colors, square around picture, control c (copy), open word document and control v (paste). email me for my # and I can give you some more examples. Ive never used the setup features in MC.

Vincent,
    Plant Foreman/MFG Engineer