587,916 active members*
3,834 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SX3 XMT control board PIC clone

Hi,
    Im in the progress of making a new contol board for the Siex SX3 BLDC motor. My main goal is to have full spindle control via Mach3. Im also liked NeilW20 idea on manual override of the spindle speed. So that is something i have to integrate. If there are anyone else with any good ideas. Please tell, because this is going to be free for everyone(thats HEX code, Schematics and PCB files.)

I have used this weekend to familiarize myself with the XMT_Driver_1000(Version B0) board and XMT_Control_1000&1500(Version B0). The XMT_Driver_1000 board is gonna get used as is without any modifications.

This thread is not looking very interesting right now, but in the upcoming weeks i hope to have something to show off.

Cheers
    Jan Rune
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20110701_215846.jpg   IMG_20110701_215933.jpg   IMG_20110701_215425.jpg  

gday Jan just came accross this post. i know it's an old post but interested to know how you went with this project. success? cheers

And I'm still interested but have been giving other things more attention.

gday Neilw, glad to see your about, have read some dood info from your posts. i purchased a sx3 spindle speed upgrade kit from LMS. installed and wired as per instructions, powered up spindle started up. hit e stop-spindle off within coupleof minutes heard a nice pop and then the dreaded sell of elec gone wrong. after investigating found the transformer on addon board blew primary coil and was for 110v. 110 - 8.5v. found a suitable replacement fitted it up and have had no luck getting spindle action. fuse on xmt board ok. do you have any suggestions where else a problem may of occured or direction towards fault finding this problem as i am stumped at moment?

Something probably went to ground. Look for blown tracks near the transformer.
    Take a detailed photo of your boards and I will see if I have a circuits.
    Those 110v things don't like 240v for very long, and there is a mini switchmode inverter there too.
    What area in OZ do reside? Perth? A bit far away, but we could skype and do show and tell by video.
    That might help you.
    PM me your skype address.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Re: SX3 XMT control board PIC clone

Hello. Hope to wake this thread up.
    Jan-Rune.. Are you still watching this space. Did you make it all work?
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Hey guys I think I’m a bit late but does some one has a wiring diagram for the XMT driver 1000 version B0 or a good supplier for spare parts best EU?:3

Quote Originally Posted by kree-pixel View Post
    Hey guys I think I’m a bit late but does some one has a wiring diagram for the XMT driver 1000 version B0 or a good supplier for spare parts best EU?:3
    Try this .
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/syil-products/59118-sx3-circuits-versions-post-post2308310.html#post2308310

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Rune View Post
    Hi,
    Im in the progress of making a new contol board for the Siex SX3 BLDC motor. My main goal is to have full spindle control via Mach3. Im also liked NeilW20 idea on manual override of the spindle speed. So that is something i have to integrate. If there are anyone else with any good ideas. Please tell, because this is going to be free for everyone(thats HEX code, Schematics and PCB files.)

I have used this weekend to familiarize myself with the XMT_Driver_1000(Version B0) board and XMT_Control_1000&1500(Version B0). The XMT_Driver_1000 board is gonna get used as is without any modifications.

This thread is not looking very interesting right now, but in the upcoming weeks i hope to have something to show off.

Cheers
    Jan Rune
    Take a look at this thread. There is a solution already that lets you control that board. https://www.cnczone.com/forums/bench...-sx4-bldc.html

https://littlemachineshop.com/produc...ProductID=4645

UPDATE: note to self. Check the thread date........DUUUUHHHHHH