587,908 active members*
3,876 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

going from Haas to Fadal

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be starting a new job working with Fadal machines. Previously I've only operated Haas, and I was wondering if there was anything that stands out as a major difference that I should be aware of.

I've been reading through the Fadal manual a bit, but it's hard to get up to speed without having the machine in front of me.

One thing I've noticed is some debate over format 1 or format 2. I'm not sure what the machines I'll be working on are set up for, but which would be most similar to Haas? So far I've done pretty much all manual programing if that makes a difference.

thanks in advance

They are a little diffrent both are easy to run.If it has format 2 its way easier you just follow the numbers on what to do. The space bar is used to get to your diffrent options. Its been a while since I ran a fadal but, I can think of a few things. To turn the spindle on you have to press shift plus spindle button or I forget the name. That one always got me, editing is diffrent I prefer haas over fadal. Now format 1 Is way worse you need to know all the codes. I remenber MU is for menu that will be your best friend all the answers are on the Menu

Good Luck I Learned On A Fadal And Then Added A Haas. Seems Like You Usually Like Your First Learning Machine The Best. Not The Case, I Think Haas Control Is Alot More User Friendly ( My Opinion) But It Won't Take You Long Once Your In Front Of The Fadal.