587,478 active members*
3,445 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > hiding tool paths and missing holes

hiding tool paths and missing holes

I have edge came 11.5 and I a making my first part with it. I have two questions.

1.When I made a roughing pass I could not hide the tool path so I could select the model for a finishing pass. There was is much toolpath in the way that I couldnt even see the model. I tried for three hours to hide it. How do you hide it?

2. When I import a solid model with holes that need to be drilled in the center once I select machining mode I cannot select faces one at a time anymore. It will select the whole model for every process so I cant leave out the holes and just machine the faces. It wants to machine the whole part every time. How can I tell it what features I want it to machine so I can do the holes in a different process.

Have you had any training on Edgecam? If not, and you're not likely to get any then I'd recommend working through the tutorials before you do much else.

1) Use your layers to turn on/off toolpaths. In later versions of Edgecam you can turn on/off individual toolpaths (Edgecam 11.5 must be 5 or 6 years out of date now).

2) you need to use the feature finder. Suggest you look in the help files for use with this unless you can get hold of a training manual.