587,619 active members*
3,309 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

What to do what to do

alright i have been working on developing some paint ball related items for a while now and i have gotten to the point where i think i got something and i want to start producing some. their is a problem though, my 7X14 manual lathe and x2 mini mill do not have the capacity or auccracy to make any volume of parts they were fine for prototypes because i could take extra time to make sure they were right but i cant take 20 - 30 hours (taking my time) to make an assembly and expect to make any money. i looked into getting the parts made but the cost of subbing out the work would make the cost per unit more than what the competitive price point would be (i would take a loss per unit) and thats not good. so my choices are forget it or make them my self. i choose to make them my self but like i said my 7x14 is not up to the task. so i am looking at getting a lathe a g0602 would fit my current needs perfectly as far as i can see but i am not a electronics guy so buying components and just putting a cnc together is a pretty daunting task. although if i could get a cnc kit for that lathe i would be in hog heaven i am confident i can retrofit it mechanically if the parts are supplied and i can hook up switches. i just need a manual that says hook this wire here and this wire here not +12v to pin 27 or any of that crap. if anyone knows of such a kit or even a series of kits (ie a mechanical kit and an electronics kit) specifically for the g0602 please please let me know. my other option is to buy a turn key and they are a bit out of my range the closest i can find is the CNC master 1340 Turning Center and i like the fact that it can be run as manual but 9k is too much for the full kit. my last option is buy used i would love to do this but i have yet to find a place that sells lathes like these they always are selling stuff like hass tl20 lathes for ONLY 19K. if you know of a place that that does sells used lathes in the range of a g0602 or similar again please let me know.

Hi Tom.

This may end up being a help to you, although it will be awhile before it's finished. The electronics are almost done though:

http://cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106312

CR.
    http://crevicereamer.com
    Too many PMs. Email me to my name plus At A O L dot com.