587,775 active members*
2,974 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Burned on only positive laser tube end when test fire

Help! Did I screw up the tube?
    It's burned with loud noise at red wire connected to the laser tube and no laser beam was produced.
    What is happening? This is first time test firing. Thanks for the help.

What kind of laser is it.
    I'm no expert but it might be a bad connection from wire to tube, and it just arched causing burn mark.
    I would seek further help from other users. Maybe you can check with company you bought it from.
    You could check this out, follow user instructions for removing tube and replacing tube , but just disconnect this wire to see if it had a good connection. Re connect it according to instructions and try again.

That's arcing to the machine Chassis as Bert spotted, either the tube was dead on arrival or the connections are no good.

Ummm just noticed, there is water vapour inside the tubes outer jacket? if so then the tube is dead.

cheers

Dave

Now that Dave mentioned it I kinda see that water vapor also.
    Did he fire the laser before the tube was completely full of water? or no water at all? Vapor could have been left over from test at factory .

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    Now that Dave mentioned it I kinda see that water vapor also.
    Did he fire the laser before the tube was completely full of water? or no water at all? Vapor could have been left over from test at factory .
    Yes. It's dead. I filled water before firing. The glass nipple also came off when I peeled silicon glue from the tube. This chinese k40 is giving me a lot of trouble from the day one. My limited budget and against those negative comments on the chinese k40s, I bought it from Frank Wang who contacted me here at cnc zone when I posted k40 question here. I was hoping his modified k40 would be less risky than the other eBay k40s but apparently not. I will post all my experience on new thread when I settled with this machine. I could've send it back but I decided not to because It could be another hassle and waste of time sending back and waiting for anther machine anxiously, so I decided to keep it as a hobby project for rebuilding. I will be asking more help questions later for sure. On bright side, it's a good opportunity to learn laser machine though a bit costly. Thanks for your kind support.

Yoshi

Vapor could have been left over from test at factory .
    That's the gas reservoir Bert, any water in there is "goodnight vienna" for the tube.

cheers

Dave

See I learn somethin new everyday. So your sayin that the water tube is cracked or something,letting water into the gas chamber, Yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    That's the gas reservoir Bert, any water in there is "goodnight vienna" for the tube.

cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    See I learn somethin new everyday. So your sayin that the water tube is cracked or something,letting water into the gas chamber, Yes?
    Yup, there is a bridge between the water chamber and the gas chamber somewhere if condense appears in the main tube body.

cheers

Dave

Yesss, FRANK WANG again!
    You should read carrefully this forum before.
    I wrote some time ago warning about Frank Wang.
    He is a swindler selling scraps as first class ware.
    I lost a lot money buying parts from him few yars ago.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service