587,195 active members*
3,047 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 11m Tool Comp

I Have An 87 Amura-seiki Vmc With An 11m. It Has Just The Single Screen For Tool Comp ,length And Radius. My Question Is ,is That Just Way It Is Or Can It Turned On And Off With A Paramerter,or I Am I Missing Some Thing.my Other Question Is If You Generate A Tool Path In Cam Software, Lets Say A 2 Inch Hole With .5 Inch Endmill, And The Software Adjusts For The Tool Radius Do You Set Your Comp To 0 And Then Adjust It,or Should It Generate A 2 Inch Hole With A G41 And .25 Radius Comp.it Doesn't Seem To Be Reading The Radius Comp Any Way. I Can Mill A Circle But Can't Adjust Seem To Adjust It. I 'm New To This Machine And Programming So Any Help Would Be Grear

there are several ways to comp tools in a cam package. one way is off- no cam comp no g41computer- cam software will comp no g41. control- cam software will not comp but give a g41 and you have to put in the radius of the tool in the controller. cutter comp wear- cam software will comp and still give a g41. you input 0 in the radius and adjust that number. make sure if you are manually programming, that you give a "fake move" of at least the radius before entering material. and a g40 of a least the radius when you are done cutting just make sure you are not in material.

so let me get this straight... Your offset page displays both TLO's and the wear offset? seems to me that you may not be turning on the g41 during the program or the D# that is associated with the tool is not the same..Your program could be calling out D15, and your adjusting D1

Ok Then

NO IT'S JUST ME NOT KNOWING OR UNDERSTANDING. (nuts)

maybe you can post your program...and we'll see where the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by chuy View Post
    maybe you can post your program...and we'll see where the problem is.
    This is an excellent idea. Post your G-Code program so we can look at it.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com