587,161 active members*
2,970 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Help

Help

Trying to connect to holes of diff. radi. and offset. The offset is diff in all axis. I would like to connect them with a radius. I would like to send a file of it but not sure how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmachining View Post
    Trying to connect to holes of diff. radi. and offset. The offset is diff in all axis. I would like to connect them with a radius. I would like to send a file of it but not sure how to do it.
    Look for the attachments button when your posting a reply. There is a list of file formats and sizes in the attachments window.

Usually we use Zip's

Go to www.filzip.com to get free file zipping software.

Cheers!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Thanks give me a bit.

Toby here it is hope it works for you. Not sure on doing .zip files
    Attached Files Attached Files

sorry for the late reply.

I will need a few minutes to work with your part. I'll get back to you soon.

You want these tapered right, with or without radii at both ends?

BTW: If you need any Design work please feel free to visit my website below.

www.axiscncprogramming.com

Cheers!!!!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Here is your Carb Spacer in BCC Cad and DWG Formats.

I took the Liberty of inserting 1/16 radii on the Ventry openings.

I hope you like it:rainfro:

I divided the Arc Geometry into segments and created Line geometry down the sides. Then using the Cross Section in the Solids Menu to Form the Skins .

Stitched everything together created two Planar surfaces to make it water tight for the Booleans Subtraction.

Cheers!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carb 2 axis cnc programming.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Toby, that looks great. I visited your site looks good, whats your rates?
    Ok, now if I wanted the ventri to be radii. all the way or the way you have done it whats one thing in the manual that I could look out that would help me or features that would help me do this that I might not be aware of? Thanks very much for your help and time.

Toby, that looks great. I visited your site looks good, whats your rates?
    Ok, now if I wanted the ventri to be radii. all the way or the way you have done it whats one thing in the manual that I could look out that would help me or features that would help me do this that I might not be aware of? Thanks very much for your help and time.
    mmachining,

Rates are calculated per project.

You should read the section under Solid Surfaces, preferably Cross Section Surfaces. Then apply it to your project which is the difficult part. I have found that experience through use is the best teacher.

Cheers!!!!!!
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Toby, can I put a radius on on the big dia. if it is a solid?

Toby, can I put a radius on on the big dia. if it is a solid?
    I don't remember if I sent the file drawing without the Radii. I'll take a look and see, but note that the reason for the 1/16 radii is because a 1/8 radius didn't fit.

If you mean to place Radii in the actual Ventry this would take some playin with BCC. Not exactly easy, but possible.

Cheers!!!
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

yes I want as big of a radii in the ventri from the smaller to the biggest. I have tried and cant seem to get it to work.

yes I want as big of a radii in the ventri from the smaller to the biggest. I have tried and cant seem to get it to work.
    What size radii have you tried so far???
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Many but it keeps saying to big but I want a radii that goes the full depth of the part. 1.00"

Many but it keeps saying to big but I want a radii that goes the full depth of the part. 1.00"

That can be done kind of like this one, but it will take a lot of work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carb spacer 3d rev2.jpg   carb spacer 3d rev2b.jpg  
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Yep you got it something like that. Just for sake what would you charge to draw a part like that but with 2 less holes. I would perfer you pm me on an estimate? Thanks. Ok so you say there is alot. Here is what I was thinking or asking.
    Is it possible to draw the 2 holes top and bot. and then draw a circle in the Y,Z plane then copy or duplicate that around the 2 holes of diffr. radii. Then boolean them together then boolean them to my solid.