587,326 active members*
2,829 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mitsubishi servo HA-FE13

I just got Mitsubishi servo motor HA-FE13 but somebody cut off encoder connector(I don't have that connector). Can somebody help me with this problem. I need connector pinout drawing. It's 8 pair of wires.

Thanks
    Greg

Hi. I just checked manual for that servo. Nothing was about wires color and that connector. I found a drawing how to make ext. cable.

hmmmmm... I downloaded 10mb Mitsubishi MR-H Servo Manual.pdf manual and page 14 shows wiring for the encoder connector....

Could you post the direct link to that file?

I would but it has been a while. can I just email it to you? If u can rcv a 10mb file pm me and i will email u.

my e-mail [email protected]
    Thank you

That drawing isn't good. Nothing about HA-FE13. Best think is to has a drawing from somebody who has same servo motor. Just unscrewed the connector and make a picture.

Do you have a separate part number for the encoder?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_byodro View Post
    That drawing isn't good. Nothing about HA-FE13. Best think is to has a drawing from somebody who has same servo motor. Just unscrewed the connector and make a picture.
    Sorry! thought the HA motors in here would have same encoder as yours.

I don't have separate model number just for encoder. I don't know which color of wires from encoder belong to which pin of connector. I don't have that connector. I have 8 pairs of wire.

DJ,

hold the presses! this one cost me 3 favor call ins!

I got your manual.. my mitsubishi wizard buddy says look at page 115 - all the data you ever wanted on that exact OLD OLD motor/encoder you ever wanted! I now owe HIM! I will email shortly, just got home.

emailing now.... it is 19.6mb size - that ok for your gmail account to receive w/o error?

did you get the manual on this particular motor I emailed you last night?

Re: Mitsubishi servo HA-FE13

Quote Originally Posted by dj_byodro View Post
    I just got Mitsubishi servo motor HA-FE13 but somebody cut off encoder connector(I don't have that connector). Can somebody help me with this problem. I need connector pinout drawing. It's 8 pair of wires.

Thanks
    Greg
    Old Thread but... For all these old servo motor encoders that have the connectors cut, you can figure out the wiring. You will have 3 pairs for the encoder and 3 pairs for the phase commutation and 1 pair for positive and 1 pair for negative. The positive and negative can be determined by removing the encoder case testing for the ground. If there are any logic ICs on the board then you can find the + and - pins. If not you can measure both sides of the ceramic capacitors and it should be wired to the red-read/white pair and the negative to the black-black/white pair..

Apply 3 to 5 volts to the encoder power wires and then measure each of the solid color wires with a multimeter set to voltage. If it is a commutation wire it will have a long pulse when the motor shaft is rotated. The A-B will have fast pulses and Z the will not change unless you turn the shaft really slowly for one complete revolution. Then get 3 LEDs and have them wired common to ground and have the 3 solid color wires that you determined where the commutation wires and connect to the positive lead of each LED. You can not begin to determine the sequence by observing the LEDs. For the commutation U-VW,, you can apply a DC voltage (+24) to the U-V-W power leads of the motor.. For most motors they are Red, White and Black. If you put the +24 on one lead and 0V on another lead for about 1 second, the motor will jump to that position. Do this with all the leads in the order where going from 1-2 2-3 3-1 rotates the motor. You will then look at which LED is illuminated at each step and that will be the corresponding phase commutation. For the A-B-Z, the Z is the easiest to identify since it will be off. Rotating shaft slowly until you see the Z LED flash briefly once per revolution. If you can get it to stay on, then rotate it very very slowly counterclockwise and the first LED to light up will be the B phase.