Thread: help please

Angry help please

hello
    I have a Romi EZ path 1
    maybe someone can help me, I got this message on the machine that says

"CMOS Time and date not set."
    RUN SET UP UTILITY
    press <F1> to resume

but it does not let me do anything on the controller, I am hoping it's just a battery issue?
    how do I replace it or fix this issue?

Re: help please

Hi Cob! Yes, I replaced the CMOS battery on an EZ Path II a few years ago. It used a standard CR2032 battery, in a clip holder. After replacing the battery, you'll need to go thru the CMOS setup, especially setting the time and date and the HD info. You need to plug in a full keyboard to the motherboard socket, and hit F1 as it's booting up. Then set time, date, and in the HD section put the cylinders, heads, and sectors per track. They may not be the same as what is shown on teh HD label. Mine was a WD64AA HD, and had 13328 Cyl, 15 Hd, 63 sec/tk, and 64MB. Go thru the other parameters, write down what they are set to (so you can revert if things go awry), and set whatever looks like may be pertinent.
    Holland Industrial Control Service
    [email protected]

Re: help please

Quote Originally Posted by Docter Don View Post
    Hi Cob! Yes, I replaced the CMOS battery on an EZ Path II a few years ago. It used a standard CR2032 battery, in a clip holder. After replacing the battery, you'll need to go thru the CMOS setup, especially setting the time and date and the HD info. You need to plug in a full keyboard to the motherboard socket, and hit F1 as it's booting up. Then set time, date, and in the HD section put the cylinders, heads, and sectors per track. They may not be the same as what is shown on teh HD label. Mine was a WD64AA HD, and had 13328 Cyl, 15 Hd, 63 sec/tk, and 64MB. Go thru the other parameters, write down what they are set to (so you can revert if things go awry), and set whatever looks like may be pertinent.
    thanks Don
    so my question is do you replace the battery with the machine ON or OFF?